HSBC Holdings Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

3.1

Summer Interview

Interview

No introduction. No ending questions. Directly start from basic questions for example, what is your strength? Why do you apply for HSBC? And why do you apply for asset management? Tell me about your leadership experience? Tell me how you dealt with disagreement with other team members?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I applied online. I heard back within a few days with an invitation to complete the online Numerical Reasoning Test. I went through the practice questions they attached, and they were very easy. And so, I was not nervous for the real test. However, I was unable to answer a lot during the actual test. I felt that there was a large disconnect between the practice questions they provided and the real test. Good luck to all future test-takers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you invited or encouraged others to offer a different perspective or opinion in order to deliver a better solution. (Describe the situation, your actions and the end result).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very straightforward. I applied online through the HSBC website, and was contacted by an HR manager 2 weeks later. I went through the first round by phone call. The phone call interview was pretty simple, basically just a screening. The second round was in front of a panel of bankers. Mostly conversational, not very technical. The second round interview was harder than the first because you have to answer to four people, not one. They want motivated, earnest individuals who are eager to learn and do hard work.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, no aptitude test was given. The whole process took 4 weeks or so.
    Went through HR call as the first round then a more senior level phone interview as the final round.
    Included both Chinese and English interview portion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, NJ

Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Birmingham, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was interesting. Made up of a few round of activities. some group assessment follow by a recent graduate giving us tips and insight on how is his job.

Interview Questions

• I was given a few envelopes and ask to choose from them. I got a physic topic and ask to prepare my presentation using the laptop given and use whatever method is provided. I was given 6 min to prepare for it. The topic was double interference of light. I can use whatever method available to me on the spot.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Behavioral Online Quiz: Basic personality test, questions such as if a co-worker asked you to accept a summer intern from a significant client what would you do?

IQ Online Quiz: Mostly pattern based questions they will put 3 diagrams with a specific pattern you have to identify in order to guess the 4th diagram.

Online Questions (3 macro things HSBC should be worried about in the future?)

Phone Interview: All of them where Behavioral
    Assessment Centre
    Interview

Interview Questions

• I was rejected on the phone interview, however they where mostly behavioral questions:
      What do you think will be the most difficult part in your internship?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

the company came to our college to conduct the selection process for interns. I gave an aptitude test which had sections such as quantitative, verbal and reasoning. the questions were fairly easy. i made it to the personal interviews. the interviewer was very friendly, mostly HR questions were asked, no technical stuff. the interview mainly revolved around my resume. it was a good experience since i got selected too.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

Basic competency interview, questions about integrity, leadership and your model in the financial industry.
    What current news seemed the more relevant to me.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

It was quite a straightforward telephone interview. They asked a lot of competency questions about your experience, I used the internet and forums to help me prepare. They hardly asked any questions about commercial awareness.

Make sure you use the STAR approach, because they are very interested in knowing about your actions in particular - lots of in-depth questions were asked

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you showed leadership skills?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Simple but long and tedious process - after submitting the application you get an invite to complete a numerical online test. After passing this, you have to complete an additional logical online test. Then I had a telephone interview which was easy enough, they mainly asked me the standard questions such as Why HSBC, why this program etc. After that, you have to do yet another online Situation Judgement test, and you may or may not get invited to a face-to face interview afterwards (I wasn't), or just get the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question