HSBC Holdings Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Teller Interview Questions

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

First you apply, then hr recruiter calls for phone interview. If you passes the phone one you get an email or call to meet with the branch manager.
Most question is what you know about the company, dealing with difficult customers and SALES.

Interview Questions

• What was the product and services you had to sale in your previous job and of course how did you achieved?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Flushing, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

the recruiter will ask a series of questions and scenarios that are similar to those in the assessment test. They also asked me about my personality, what my career planning is, and asked me about my knowledge about the company. Towards the end, the recruiter asked me about what my expected salary and preferred working hours.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

very brief.. the manager just handed me the job. He knew one of my friends who referred me so I already had my foot in the door. There is a lot of turnover in the branches.

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Flushing, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied Online
    Phone interview with HR asking mostly behavioral questions- 2 weeks later
    1:1 Interview - Asking how if you're comfortable with selling. Had a interview HR then the branch manager mostly about sales- 1 week after
    Offer 1 month later

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of outstanding customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I should've because they only give minimal raises yearly. Try to negotiate to get a good starting salary.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Rockville, MD) in April 2009.

Interview

They were looking for a full time teller for long time, I walked in ask if they were hiring, the head teller told me to come back on the follwing monday, had a interview with the branch manager on Monday, hired right on the spot. Then I went on their website applied the position I was interviewed for. Their HR contact me for drug testing and back ground check. start working about 1 month latter.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are not able to meet your goal?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Adelaide (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got phone call next day after the application close date.
    Interview with the branch manager and another management person.
    Only asked behaviour questions and past experience during the interview.
    Received an email from HR asking for reference check on same day.

Teller Interview

Interview

The interviewer was quite nice, she asked about the experiences on my CV, and why i wanted the job ect, basically routine questions. the process lasted about half an hour.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2010.

Interview

Why you like to work in banking?

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Interview

They look for your skills; language, computer, communication. They will also check all your reference from all your previous jobs. You will need to demonstrate good presentation and sales skills. They will also test every one of your language skills listed. You must have a clean background to work for a bank for obvious reasons.