HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I am proceeding to the second round which is in-person interview. It took about one week to process my application, and received a phone interview after I submitted my application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what about your strength. What is your availability.   Answer Question

Part-time Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online 2 months ago, got a phone interview last week, scheduled an 1:1 interview the next day with the branch manager. Branch manager was very nice, the whole interview process was very relaxing. Went through my resume and then asked me some behavioural questions.

Fraud Detection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a behavioural interview, some very basic ones but would definitely get you thinking if you haven't prepared. Started with the most popular one "Tell me about yourself?" Went on till on an hour. Read up a lot on all the behavioural ones. Read about the company. Why do you think the role suits you etc

Senior Manager Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter through LinkedIn. Once I said I was interested in the position, I was contacted by the company's HR the next day and had a brief interview. In 2 days I had an interview with hiring manager and his manager, it took 1 hour.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Personal banker position online. I got a phone interview after 3 days. Then I got a call to meet with branch manager assistant. The process is very nice. The recruiter is nice. The questions are like what's your salary expectation, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for HSBC, etc.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I have applied online through hsbc career website and got a phone interview from one of the staff in HSBC. Questions were straight forward, the HR just kept asking basic questions. I was told if I get selected, I would get a phone call again from her, but no more response after that.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied for a risk intern position online, HR got in touch with me about a week later and we set up a phone interview. Regular why this job, why HSBC, how do you work in a team type questions. This was followed by an in-person interview with the risk management hiring manager.

At this point it was abundantly clear that they were just going to hire a director's kid and the final interview was just a formality. They were totally uninterested in interviewing and HR just made them do it.

Long story short, unless you have a VERY strong connection to the department you're applying for at HSBC, don't get your hopes up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? How good are your excel skills? That's it. The second round took less than 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Apply online, the process took about a week, then got an email from HR to schedule a phone interview, and then another week later got a call from branch manager to schedule a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• common behavior questions, what you know about the company, what do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Investment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied the job through linked in. Then received a email to advise me to apply that job on HSBC website. Then we arranged a phone interview next week. the phone interview is for 1 hour. basically, go through the resume, tell me about what do you do now, why are you interested in this job and behavior questions. After that, they will notify you if you can go to one on one interview next round.

Interview Questions

• tell me one time you do presentation to the client.   Answer Question
    • if you are the successful candidate, what do you expect to achieve in the first three month.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

They make it sounds super lucrative, it had an application you needed to fill out, one on the phone interview, on competency test online, one cocktail reception, and one final interview. The phone interview was pretty easy - standard HR questions. The cocktail reception was intimidating, I was still in school about the graduate and there were a lot of people in their MBAs and/or out in their career field for a few years. There we were told and emphasized how we were chosen from thousands of applicants, and how we should feel proud. you got a chance to speak to some commercial bankers, business bankers, one guy was from real estate and you also got people who were still in the graduate program. Have good questions that you can ask them that night! It's about good conversation, not really anything else. The final interview was standard, they asked me some situational questions, why HSBC and all that jazz!

Interview Questions

• How do you determine if we are going to give out a 1M loan?   1 Answer