HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.8

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied at HSBC Toronto last December 21 and got an e-mail six days after asking me to complete a behavioural test. After two hours I got a phone call interview with the HR. Two weeks after I was invited by the assistant branch manager for a face to face interview. After four days, I was invited for a final interview with the branch manager. The interviewers were all friendly and basically asked the same questions except for the manager who focused on asking my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you deal with bad customers.
      Give me a situation where you provide excellent customer service.
      Why do you want to work on a bank.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I received an e-mail invitation for a phone interview, along with an online assessment, about 2 weeks after submitting my resume online. The phone interview was about 30 minutes, and the HR only went through my resume IN DETAIL (every single job listed on the resume). Then after 2 weeks, I received an e-mail for a 60-minute in-person interview with the Head of the department. The interview lasted for only 35 minutes, since the interviewer focused more on my fit in the company/team and career goals. Then after another 2 weeks, I got another in-person interview with the Team Managers. This time, the interview was an hour long, and the Managers went through pretty much all the behavioural questions.

I have received a call from HR that they are finalizing everything and will get back to me in the next few days regarding their hiring decisions.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

it was more like a conversation than an interview. the manager and the assist manager were very nice, asked me my study experiences. phone interview covered all of the questions about yourself and you career plan so in-person interview won't ask the repeated questions

Interview Questions

• could you tell me more about your working experiences on your resume   Answer Question

Premium Banker Interview

Application

Interview

Until now received phone call from HR to complete online assessment only, and no respond after submitting the assessment ... someone in hr called but seemed speak very fast and lack of patient

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for HSBC online, the interview process consisted of 1 phone screening (regular questions, expectations), 1 web screening questionnaire (customer facing questions), 1 30 min in person interviews (Long list of questions)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

it was one of the worse interviews i have ever had. a lady called me for a phone interview and it was painful to talk to her. it was so clear that she did not spend a few minutes to at least look over my resume before asking me those dumb questions. she also places judgement before understanding the situation. she also talks as if she is not interested in you but the list of questions they ask is way too long. there is no need for all those questions if you are going to have an in person interview. oh and i could even cancel the interview because there is absolutely no information about her or the branch information or email or of any kind. i am glad that i didn't go to the in person interview because i can already feel the negativity and unprofessionalism from a phone call. such a shame that i also bank there too ,so knowing they have such poor qualities i might just switch bank.

Investment Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

There are two round of interviews. In the first round, the HR called and asked some general questions such as why HSBC while the managers and supervisor asked some situational questions and go through your cv.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received confirmation of interview and next round of the hiring process, met the hiring manager, carried out the interview and was offered the position 3 weeks later. Overall the process was pretty straightforward but was left in the dark for a couple of weeks afterwards, which seems to be the norm in banking

Business Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Hired through a recruitment agency and interview lasted 30 mins. Interview was fairly straight forward and consisted of 3 people from senior management. Questions were broad at times to test knowledge on financial services and its implications. Questions were also related to past work experience and were tied back to the position that is being interview for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and the skills you will bring to the bank.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I am proceeding to the second round which is in-person interview. It took about one week to process my application, and received a phone interview after I submitted my application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what about your strength. What is your availability.   Answer Question