HSBC Holdings Trainee Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Trainee Software Engineer

HSBC Holdings Trainee Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2019.

Interview

This was a HSBC Women's drive. There were two roles being offered: Ace(new age technologies) and Striker(legacy technologies). The first two rounds were conducted in college. The rest of the rounds were conducted as part of a pool campus. The interview consisted of 4+1 rounds.
1. Aptitude Round
2. Coding Round
3. Technical Interview 1
4. Technical Interview 2 (Optional)
5. HR Round

Interview Questions

• In the aptitude round, we were asked verbal reasoning, analytical/aptitude and technical (Java, web development) based questions.
    The coding round had 2 questions. One simple and one tough question. The questions were based on data structures.
    The first technical round involved questions based on Data Structures, DBMS, OS, Cyber security and I was asked to give a detailed explanation of all the projects mentioned in my resume. My projects were based on data analysis, data science and DBMS.
    The second technical round was conducted for candidates who were being considered for the Ace role. I was asked a few technical questions based on data science, software engineering, DevOps.
    The HR round consisted of general questions about myself, relocation etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Indore (India)) in February 2018.

Interview

Once I got shortlisted for the interview after the web cam monitored online test, it took one complete day. Initially, we went through a group discussion round, then they called the shortlisted candidates for the next round. It was the technical interview round which took around one hour and they tested concepts from the strong points mentioned in resume. After this, they called for HR interview round in which they asked simple questions and a puzzle. It took about 30 minutes and then I cleared that too. So, I got a selection call.

Interview Questions

• Technical:
      (from resume strictly)
      1. Java threading concepts
      2. Data Structures- Singly circular linked list: code, implementation and advantages & disadvantages.
      3.Project(3 questions)
      4.Machine Learning.
      5.J2EE(servlets)
      6.Codes: pattern making 1 /n 121 /n 12321.......
      7.OOPS concepts-abstraction vs encapsulation.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

there were two technical rounds in the first round only the mentioned topics of the resume were asked .mine was java they asked detailed concepts of java and advance java and hadoop too as i mentioned in my resume the industrial training in hadoop . in the final round they asked about my major project which was based on artificial intelligence.and some security based tools and cryptography related terms.

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ghaziabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Ghaziabad (India)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was pretty smooth and in-depth. The interviewers were friendly and most of the questions were targeted around the resume. The technical interview was a little challenging but rest of the interviews were simple.

Interview Questions

• In the Technical Interview they asked various questions on -
      SQL Queries
      Java Threads
      Database connectivity
      Wireless technologies
      Bootstrap(as it was in resume)
      etc.   Answer Question
    • The second interview was kind of HR + Technical and had questions based only on my projects and the technologies i had used in them.   Answer Question
    • The last round was HR and had questions like-
      Who are you as a person
      What i aimed at achieving being a part of the company
      And about my aspirations, etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Visakhapatnam (India)) in February 2018.

Interview

group discussion.The people selected in it were interviewd. They will ask more about the project and what is our role in it. If we are selected in Technical round there was HR

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)).

Interview

4 Rounds

1. Aptitute and Technical MCQ test (English , Quanti , Java , c++ and data structures )
    2. Coding Round (1 simple 1 tough 30 mins)
    3. Technical Interview ( Mainly on Projects)
    4.HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

aptitude test was conducted and best part was they did have technical section in test (data structure, pointers,etc) .......... aptitude test was easy ......

then technical 1:1 interview ....... more questions were asked from sql , oo concepts , etc ..

then HR 1:1 interview , interviewer was cool person .... asked about hobby , passion

Interview Questions

• i was asked to write sql queries which would show examples of all sql joins ....   Answer Question
    • write java program to show inheritance and draw DFD ......   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)).

Interview

On campus interview. Basic questions about Object Oriented Programming. One round of technical interview and one of HR round. HR Round was pretty smooth with general questions about courses and background.

Interview Questions

• Real life example of polymorphism ?   1 Answer

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2011.

Interview

1. technical and logical apti test
    2. technical interview
    3. hr interview
    Technical interview took 30-35 mins and they asked more of technical questions on coding approach and standards on coding.
    HR interview was to check the willingness to work on offered package and location of job

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

It has 4 rounds.
    1 - Aptitude Test
    2 - Technical Interview
           Be prepared with your projects and
           subjects like C, C++, DS, OS
    3 - Group Discussion
           Be confident and be point to point.
           Dont argue or interrupt.
    4 - HR Interview
           There are 2-3 HR Interview rounds.

Interview Questions

• About Projects, ani IT subjects.   1 Answer