HSN Senior Manager, ECommerce Strategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HSN

1 Interview Review

Senior Manager, ECommerce Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted me one day after I applied. Initial phone screen with him was straightforward. A few days later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and it went really well. He said they would bring me on-site for interviews at the end of our phone call.

2-3 days later I get a phone call from the HR recruiter informing me that the hiring manager is no longer working for the company and that I will interview with a boss one level up (in addition to everyone else I was already scheduled to meet).

They flew me coach class from the west coast to Florida and sent a towncar to drive me from the airport to the hotel. I didn't get into my hotel room until 12:30am and had trouble falling asleep with the 3 hour difference in time zones. The next morning the towncar took me to HSN from the hotel and I started the interview process with the HR recruiter at 9:30am. Next, I spent one hour with four people that would be my peers. Then I had two 1-1 interviews for a half hour each with IT directors. Next was a one hour lunch with the hiring manager (the boss one level up since the original hiring manager was gone from the company). By this point everything was running behind schedule and we started late. The boss seemed distracted by his own work and it was like pulling teeth to get him to make small talk as we walked to the cafeteria and stood in line. By the time we finally sat down to eat we had about 30 mins remaining. He asked me questions and then we went back to the office.

Then I had two more half hour 1-1's with Marketing Directors. Then there was an ad-hoc half hour meeting with the VP of the area, and a wrap up with HR. I then went back to the airport to fly home that same day after all the interviews.

My flight was delayed and when I landed in Houston I had missed my connection, and there were no more flights to the west coast that night. So I had to stay in a hotel with a voucher from the airline and fly the rest of the way home the following day. That was on a Friday I got home. The following Monday I got an email from HR saying they decided to pass on me.

Interview Questions