HSN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.5

HSN Work At Home Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSN (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I received the call at the time scheduled. The interviewer was very polite and told me about the position and asked if the pay/schedule/etc. would work for me. She then asked about my previous employment. Then were questions about specific instances such as working with a difficult customer, etc. Then was the role playing part that has been mentioned. This part was absolutely horrendous. She had me log into a screen sharing program where I would use their form/script through her computer. I needed to put in the name, address, phone #, etc. Then there was a missing item number that I needed to look up. I had to do so by clicking on the hyperlink to the HSN website, but I couldn't alt+tab between these (as is second nature to anyone who uses a computer a lot). On top of that was incredible lag that made it impossible to do the task in a timely manner. I'm someone who has worked with computers all their life and is very good at multitasking and their awful connectivity and interview process basically set me up to fail.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Three total interviews. 1st was a digital video interview, 2nd - phone interview, 3rd - in person interview at headquarters. Everyone was very nice & friendly and made you feel very comfortable, but unfortunately was not offered the position.

Work At Home Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HSN (Lakeland, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief questions regarding my current position, why I was leaving and questions on how I had found this available position and why I was seeking it. She went over the available days, and hours. She then asked me situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a situation dealing with a customer that is difficult to please?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was happy to accept what was offered.

Work From Home Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSN (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

The recruiter asked a series of on the job experience questions. Then it moved to position specific questions. There was a role play as well via a Web screen share site.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were unable to meet a customers needs.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HSN (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I was told a time and day that someone would call to do my interview over the phone. 5 minutes before the time scheduled by them, I received a phone call saying the lady conducting the interview was running behind and would call in 10-15 minutes. It was actually closer to 25 minutes. The questions asked were basic ones pertaining to customer service. Then she had me go online and had to login to a page where she could "share" screens with me. She pretended to be a customer calling in wanting to order a product and check on a previous one that had shipped yet still not received. Now keep in mind this was a screen I had never seen before, yet was fairly easy to navigate. The woman doing the interview stopped me halfway through, stated she had forgotten to tell me a couple of things, which would effect my performance during this test. So she tells me, and we continue. After everything she told me my pros and cons. I had pen and paper and wrote everything down. There were 9 pros and 1 cons. The cons were at one point I paused too long while looking up product. She asked if the pay and hours were acceptable, I agreed. She then put me on hold, came back and stated that due to the 10 second pause I took to look up product means they had to turn me down. This is a job that has a 6 week training course and they turned me down because of ONE mistake. Ridiculous!

Interview Questions

• What shift would you prefer.   1 Answer

Work At Home Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HSN (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online after seeing a job posting. Waited a couple of weeks until I had gotten an email from them. So I signed on and followed the steps but then had to wait about 2-3 weeks until I could select a time slot.

The interview process is basically what all the other reviews are saying. Can't say word for word what those questions asked were bc there were so many. Most of the questions others listed in the reviews are what they asked. So just be prepared for those. The interviewer was nice so it wasn't too awkward or uncomfortable. They go over a little about you work history/experience but nothing too in depth.

At the beginning he did initially tell me basically there were going to hire me. Then went into all of the questions. Once that was over we did the roll play. All the information is on the screen for you to follow by. They explain exactly what's going to happen. Takes no more than 5 mins for that part.

Had to sign some papers within 24hrs and then a drug test within 72hrs business days.

HSN Work At Home Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HSN (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone call. Lady introduced herself and asked if this was still a good time to call. She asked me what the job description was. She asked about prior jobs that would relate. She asked why I applied. Call lasted 45 minutes and was mostly questions about past jobs. She asked which shift I wanted. She asked if the pay rate was acceptable. Gave me the training date and asked if it was acceptable. I am a former business owner and answered most all with experience based off that, since it is my most recent job. She ended the call with "I have more interviews this week and will email you a yes or no by the end of the week". I take that as I didn't make the cut. No computer use was involved.

IT Service Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

The recruiter sent an email telling me the position was needing to be filled quickly, asking that I do a "video interview" by answering questions as soon as I could. I have 18 years of IT experience, with 12 years specifically in the Enterprise Operations Analyst role (Computer Operations). Having just completed a Computer Support certificate from a local college, with couple of industry certifications recently thought I would definitely have a good chance at least getting a face to face interview. I must add, I was VERY disappointed by not even getting considered for a face-to-face interview. I am average, ordinary employee, with my experience I was quite displeased to get email on Sunday at 7pm informing I was no longer a candidate. It was a third shift position, looking back now I honestly did not prefer to work that shift, but instead of a phone interview, all correspondence was via email and they did not choose me for whatever reason. I feel to be decent a phone interview is the minimum, I would not interview for any future positions at HSN. Fortunately with my IT experience and certifications I pretty much choose where I want to work. So beware, if you are a mature worker, HSN probably will not talk to you (this is based on other reviews I have read on Glassdoor).

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience dealing with a conflict with a co-worker.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSN in August 2016.

Interview

It took a few weeks for me to hear back from them from the time I submitted an application. I received an email telling me to schedule my interview. I was able to prepare for about a week. The entire interview was on the phone and through the computer. The interviewer was very upbeat and cheerful. He asked about my previous work history and experience and then went into some specific questions and then the interview ended with me doing a simulated phone call which involved taking an order over the phone, entering it into their system. The interviewer was very nice and helpful. I as offered the position at the end of the interview and I gladly accepted. I will be starting my training in a few days now and I'm so excited!

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had a difficult customer and how did you resolve the problem.   1 Answer

Data Automation Engineer - EDI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR to gauge interest and salary expectations. Then a phone interview with hiring manager and would-be colleague to discuss experience and qualifications. Finally, flown down to St. Pete for about 3 hours of in-person (one on one) interviews with managers of a few different departments.
    The entire process was quite painless and overall one of the most pleasant interview experiences I have ever had.