HTC Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 28, 2016

3.2

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HTC (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager moved through this process very quickly. The phone screen and actual interviewed occurred within one week of each other.
    The phone screen itself was simple. I was asked about previous management experience, event planning, why I'm interested in this position. At the interview, I was asked to explain my work experience and how to prioritize.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize multiple tasks that have an urgent deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HTC (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

After telling me they wanted to move forward with an offer, I was asked how much I'm making currently so they can use that as a basis for their offer. This is an incredibly regressive way to approach salary negotiation, and how wage gaps persist, especially in underrepresented groups in tech (of which I belong to at least one).

Recruiting dragging their feet for a couple weeks, then declined to meet the salary range I asked for because it was "just not possible" and made me a lowball offer that rested solely on my current salary. No thank you.

Weeks after I declined their first offer, oh! All of a sudden we can meet the range you requested! How about that.

If HTC's recruiting team had met my very reasonable requirements right off the bat, I would have happily taken the position when I was first offered it a month prior. Unfortunately for them, in the time between offer #1 and offer #2, I had received a job offer from another company that I ended up taking, due in part to the other company's willingness to negotiate swiftly and transparently with me.

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HTC (Bellevue, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Vary simple interview because they seem to be extremely disorganized and came across that AI was forgotten about multiple times. And there was times where i was left alone for 5 to 10 minutes till next person showed up.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HTC (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

The HR does a really nice job at first but the office I went to for interview (in downtown Seattle) looks like a small start up (they work on Zoe.com) with maybe 20-30 employees at most. You first talk to the product managers, then talk to couple of engineers for white boarding (which I liked) but then you get to talk to few old school engineers including the hiring manager. They seems to not be very pleasant and secondary agenda ! Questions were not clear when asked for clarification they said oh we are out of time. I Noticed the first younger engineers seem to know what they want and were asking good white boarding questions but the couple of old engineers that come in towards the end and the hiring manager seem to be inexperienced in hiring and asking good and clear questions. I don't blame them it's a small office and they probably don't do much of hiring very often.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult , How can one generate a binary tree?   1 Answer

Director of Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HTC (Bellevue, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Very short interview loop--just three interviewers. The questions were standard--tell me about a time you solved a tough problem, what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc. The overall atmosphere was relaxed. In all the process was pretty speedy--decisions were made and communicated quickly; I progressed from phone screen to a full interview loop to word an offer was forthcoming in less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a tough decision with no data to fall back on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HTC (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

After a quick chat with a recruiter then another with a lead designer, I was sent to their studio. The interview was pretty much typical UX design interview — having whiteboard exercise, behavioral questions, and smartphone/ app experience questions. The interview wasn't difficult but was long (they didn't really care if had a break between interviews. ) and exhausting. It took a while to get the final result.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HTC (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online and received an email from the recruiter inviting me to chat about the position. The call was a mini interview in and of itself and went well. A phone interview with the hiring manager followed. It was a great, informative discussion and I was invited to come in for a portfolio review/in-person interviews.

The in-person experience was fun. The most surprising part of it was that the entire studio attended the portfolio review. It was a little intimidating at first, but the people were fun and friendly, which made the experience very positive.

They saved time by having two to three people interview me at a time, which I appreciated. They didn't "grill" me, and were very good at answering my questions. They were passionate about user experience and their product. Lots of great energy and passion.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty straight forward. I didn't feel ambushed, nor had to answer any pie-in-the-sky questions companies like Amazon are famous for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HTC communicated interest in hiring me and we're in the super early stages of negotiation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can negotiate a happy medium.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HTC (Bellevue, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

it was a good process, laid back, informal. The questions were pretty standard, it seemed like they were more concerned with cultural fit. It was a two interview series, and both interview were on the same day. I was there for about an hour total. I received the offer shortly after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard: tell me about a time that you worked with a difficult co-worker, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Digital Customer Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HTC (Bellevue, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

First a screening call over the phone, followed by an invitation into the office for a mix of panel and individual interviews. The questions were very focused on what I would do in particular scenarios. Overall pretty challenging. The entire interview on site took about 4 hours

Following this, I was asked to prepare a last minute presentation for some VPs. I was given the task the night before and asked to present at 9AM the following day. Talk about stressful. I spent the better part of that night working on that.

I was told that I did an outstanding job presenting and asked to come back in to meet with another VP the following week in person. That went fine.

A week afterwards, I heard back from recruiting. They said the job was mine and we discussed compensation. I countered and they went back to discuss this with their team. I didn't hear back anything until I proactively contacted them to find out about the next steps. They then called me back three days later saying that the role was no longer available.

Interview Questions

• If a rather issue (can't remember the exact wording) happened and you had to respond without the ability to refer to anyone else, what would you do?   Answer Question

Mysql Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HTC (Seattle, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process for me started with a telephone screen conducted by the Dashwire recruiter. This person basically just called to ask about how I heard about the position, what I knew about the company, what my salary expectations were and what my current availability was.

After my telephone screen with the recruiter I was scheduled for a technical phone screen with the current Lead DBA/System Administrator. In addition to going over my previous experience and telling me about the company, this person also asked several technical question related to taking backups, replication, and ways to increase and/or optimize performance of databases.

The last step for me was a series of group/panel interviews. During these interviews I met with different members of the dashwire team. The interviews were a bit mixed as to the type of questions. For example, some of the developers asked technical questions related to their specific work. Like, how to optimize a query. Others asked more managerial questions, like "what is your greatest strenght, weaknesses."

Overall I felt I had a very positive experience. Everyone that I met at Dashwire was extremely polite and full of energy. The company was recently bought out by HTC but, from my understanding, is being kept as a separate entity. Thus, the start-up mentality of the company still exists. However, the egos are not as bad as they can be with some start-ups. The environment seems to be very collaborative with a very flat management structure and open workspace. Thus, if you hate it when a developer walks over and asks you a questions... stay away from here.

I didn't get the position, as they were looking for more of a System Administrator/DBA Hybrid. However, I am not bitter. Dashwire seems to be a great company and an awesome place to work. I encourage anyone interested to apply.

Interview Questions

• If a parent record was accidentally deleted without removing the child records, what query could you use to determine what records were "orphaned".   1 Answer