HUD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.9

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HUD (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was set up via email and held over the phone. It was a conference call between myself and two interviewers. The questions were related to the requirements posted in the job announcement with very few "personality" type interview questions.

Program Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HUD in January 2016.

Interview

A panel of three completed the interview. They began with an overview then asked all of the questions covered during the application process and asked for examples of each. They asked for an overview of my history and education, and then moved on to some position specific questions to test my knowledge base. At the end they wound back around to the position and the fact that the location of the job was no longer as listed on the posting which would require relocation to another state. This was not a possibility for me, so the interview was concluded. It would have saved the time of everyone involved had this been one of the first things mentioned during this interview or the initial telephone conversation to set up the interview.

Honors Program, General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at HUD (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

You are interviewed by a panel. They ask the same 25 questions of each candidate. You have exactly one scheduled hour to get through it. Unlike a normal conversation, they won't prompt you, answer questions that you may have, do follow up on your answers. They ask, you talk, you stop.

Interview Questions

• I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to report that (proprietary?). The interview process, from application to rejection, is very long. I applied in November, didn't get a rejection letter until March. While everyone was nice to me, I'm giving it a negative for the long process.   Answer Question

CPD Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HUD in October 2015.

Interview

Panel of 3, know your resume and why you feel you are a good fit for the job. Department is being re-organized and seemed to be in the early stages of the hiring process

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified for this job?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HUD (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was very scripted, literally a printed list of 25 questions. A senior attorney was on conference call and a junior attorney asked some questions in person. Fairly friendly experience. The repetitiveness of the questions seemed to bore the interviewer. Topics cover situational responses, opinion, and history.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HUD.

Interview

Had an employee referral, submitted the resume and it was a pretty easy process after that. A few calls and i was ready to go for the intern training program.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HUD (Hattiesburg, MS) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process wasn't bad. Two people interviewed me and pretty much laid everything out on table for job requirements. Once offered job determined when I wanted to start and went through everything required to begin work after I accepted.

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HUD.

Interview

There is a reason HUD has been ranked one of the worse places to work in the Federal Government for the past several years. The interview was set-up with a panel of 3 people. 1 manager and 2 staffers. They made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HUD.

Interview

Took a long time to get an interview about 4 months. I had actually forgot I had applied there it had taken so long. Once I had an interview it lasted maybe 20 minutes and was very general and I was confident they had already made the decision and this was just a formality.

Interview Questions

• Interview really was not very hard. I think they had already made the decision.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HUD (Shreveport, LA).

Interview

Was interviewed at beginning of HUD career in 1988. Did not ever interview again for following positions as was "transferred" into positions at discretion of management. I was already known by the staff that interviewed me in 1988, thus the interview was basically a formality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was no negotiation, due to being a government position. Began at a GS-7, Step 1 with an annual salary of approximately $18,000.