HVB Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HVB Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HVB Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in December 2016.

Interview

Asking questions that I wrote on CV like experiences, skills and educations. Previous part-time job experiences, internship experiences. MS office skills, language ability (require good English proficiency) , presentation skills, knowledge about the field.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel when you talk to foreigners?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HVB Group.

Interview

I applied trough the Career Service of my university. The process took 4 weeks. I received an email where they told me that I was been selected for a telephone interview. They called me 5 days later, the call last half an hour and it was based on my resume and on macroeconomics events. After 1 week they told me that I was been selected for a face-to-face interview with the CFO.

Interview Questions

• Talk me about your past experience   Answer Question
    • Main macroeconomics actual developments (effects of negative interest rate on the bank and on the economy)   Answer Question
    • Which are the main risks that a finance department has to deal with?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HVB Group in September 2016.

Interview

Application was sent online using online portal of HVB, after one week got contacted per e-mail by HR representative and got invitation for a telephone interview. Telephone interview lasted for 30 min with a line manager

Interview Questions

• Why banking? Why HVB? How would you describe credit approval process? EBITDA and its constituents?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HVB Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very fast interview process. I got in contact a few days after sending my application. I went for an in-person interview at the HQ. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was with an analyst and a manager. I got a replied by email a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Munich as a place to work ?   Answer Question
    • A company has 1 million USD of debt the other has 1 billion USD of debt, which one is the most in debt ?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HVB Group.

Interview

Concerning interview process, I skipped the normal process through HR. I was directly hired from the management that interviewed me in more than one step and in more than one person.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about the role and motivation why I wanted to move to Munich.   Answer Question

DCM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HVB Group (Milan (Italy)) in December 2015.

Interview

3 round 1:1 interviews, 30 minutes for each one. first part: motivational and background questions. Second part: some technical questions on bonds and rates, and some brain teasers questions (quite easy).

Interview Questions

• Bond yield calculation, duration, impact of central banks on bonds   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HVB Group in June 2015.

Interview

The process consisted in two phone interviews: the first one with the manager of the department and the second one with my direct boss. Both interviews lasted around 30 minutes and they had both personal and motivational questions as well as some questions regarding my skills. In general pretty smooth

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why this position?
      What do you know about the company?
      When can you start?   Answer Question

Praktikant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HVB Group (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2015.

Interview

it was very quick. we talked on telephone about my resume during 20 minutes. then i received an email with 20-25 questions. i answered these questions and sent the answers back per email. at the same day i received second call. we arranged the startting date of internship. it turns out that whole interview process took one day only. after 2 weeks i received the contract.

Interview Questions

• quatschen wie was ist private equity fund, die ratios wie sharp ratio, sortino ratio, und derivation of black scholes formula   Answer Question

ECM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HVB Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in December 2014.

Interview

2 guys called, one Director and one Associate. Pretty straight forward interview, mostly technical stuff such as multiples, DCF and accounting. Personal fit was not really important, both did not really show any personal interest. Got offer 1 week later

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HVB Group in November 2010.

Interview

I have applied by sending a Resume and a Cover Letter. Then, after three weeks I've received an email setting a phone interview. Fortunately it was with a person from the team i was applying to and not with a HR - the questions were quite basic, nothing really special. after a week I've been invited to an 1:1 interview in Munich. The interview was really well structured, with clear program, which i received some days before. I have been interviewed by 4 couples of guys from the team (1 senior+1 junior each couple) and had a lunch with one director. it was based mostly on technical questions and on many other topics regarding the current economy condition, markets and the data from my CV.