Habit Burger Grill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2016

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Habit Burger Grill

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Habit Burger Grill (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was quick and easy, most likely because they were in desperate need of employees at the time. I was interviewed by two of the managers and it was alright for a first interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habit Burger Grill (Clovis, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process was really laid back. The woman who interviewed me made me feel very comfortable. She asked about 4 questions and we eventually just talked about life. We laughed and talked for a while, until she realized there was others needing to be interviewed (oops). Overall the best experience I could've hoped for and I landed a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habit Burger Grill (Pico Rivera, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application online and a couple days later I received a phone call for an interview. Once I interviewed they said they would see if they would call me back or not, I am hoping they are but it has been 2 days so far so we will see how it goes.

Cashier I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Habit Burger Grill (Cerritos, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

After turning in your application (in-person highly recommended), you will be given a time and date for the first interview with the general manager. If you pass the first interview, you will then be interviewed by the district manager who will determine if you fit the face that they want to portray for the company. Once you have passed both interviews, you will then be called within a few days to within 3 weeks about the status of your application and whether you are fit or unfit for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Habit Burger Grill (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I walked in and saw they were hiring. I asked for an application and filled it in right then and there. The manager looked it over and asked when I was available for an interview, we scheduled and interview for later that week. I arrived early for my interview and had to wait 20 minutes to finally be interviewed, turns out they forgot where they placed my application. Luckily, I had my resume and finally had the interview with who I assume was the Assistant Manager first. He looked over my resume and asked me question regarding my prior work experience, etc. He then asks me if I have time to be interviewed with the store manager and I ended up having a second interview.
    Overall both interviews were great, I felt confident that they were going to hire me. After the interview the manager said that he needed to schedule an interview with the Director of something since all cashiers need to be interviewed by this person. He told me he would call me the next day to schedule an appointment but I never received a call. Two weeks later and still no call.
    After realizing how important it was to have excellent customer service and a certain bubbly personality, I knew that I was probably not considered. I am a rather serious person but treat everyone with respect, and I'm not really a social person either, so maybe they saw that I wasn't and decided not to hire me. Anyway, I was quite disappointed because I really thought they were interested.

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Habit Burger Grill (Vallejo, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was rather quick and fun. i had several questions thrown at me, but they were pretty easy to manage; all of which dealt with customer service. There was plenty of room to add personality, and to be frank, that is exactly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an irate customer who's food came to them incorrectly?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Habit Burger Grill (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Walked into store and asked to speak with manager. Filled out application and sat down with the General manager. She loved my smile and enthusiasm and told me about the job. AS a cashier at the Habit you have to deal with a lot of peoples bogus and sometimes horrible attitudes. You constantly have to clean tables, counters, etc. If you want to work at night, you either have to clean the bathrooms (yes, the toilets too) or close by detail cleaning the front counters. MOST IMPORTANT PIECE OF ADVICE: When you walk in, SMILE! If you do not smile, you WILL not get the job. The Habit ONLY wants friendly people. Don't be one of the typical guys that comes in with a badass look on their face. Come in dressed decently professional, this means no hats, jeans, tshirts. Girls, dont seem lazy, the managers can usually tell by your answer if you seem lazy or disgusted to clean bathrooms. If you are not a social or friendly person, don't bother with applying, because trust me you are going to deal with tons of different people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Met with GM, then district manager and then vp of operations. Be energetic, willing to be open and understand that your past experience is what gets you in the door, but from there it's all about the Habit way.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position   1 Answer

Negotiation

Received offer letter and accepted

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Habit Burger Grill (Clovis, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The store was just opening so I went in for open interviews. I met with the store manager and we talked for about 20 minutes. He asked me more questions about my personality and hardly looked at my resume.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have a customer with a problem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Habit Burger Grill (San Luis Obispo, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was an open interview with no requirements for resumes or even dressing professionally. The questions asked to each applicant was the same (i.e. where do you see yourself in five years, when you think of customer service who do you think of?, etc.). I am not sure if I received the job, as there was not really an indication of when they would be in contact with me. I would say they are a very honest company, and I have no problems with them just based on the one interview.

Interview Questions

• When you think of customer service who do you think of? (specifically a place you frequent)   1 Answer