Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2018

2.7

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Phone Interview after submitting resume. 25 minutes nothing out of the ordinary. I had not submitted or viewed the online application at this point. See details under interview questions to see why I did not pursue this position further.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your last job. what are you expecting for a salary. what work experience do you feel will benefit you in this position. Have you been to restore.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Eugene, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

This interview was with the Springfield-Eugene Habitat for Humanity. A three person panel interview comprised of the Executive Director, the Volunteer Coordinator, and the Development Director--all had prepared questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience writing and researching for grant proposals?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contact by the HR manager. We set up an interview and she was very accommodating to my schedule-. I met with two directors. Came back for second interview with three directors.

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Bloomington, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They were really accommodating when setting up the interview. It was a full panel interview with multiple staff members and Board members present. Each person asked multiple questions. There was only one round of interviews, but they mentioned a potential second round if deemed necessary.

Interview Questions

• How are you in dealing with people from different faiths?   Answer Question

Repair Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Oakland, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the Oakland office. It's a little difficult to find if you have never been their so give yourself a little time. It's actually in the beautiful church you'll see on the corner.

First I had a phone conversation with HR. I was told she would forward my resume to the appropriate place and she did! I revived a phone interview later in the week. After the phone interview I was called and asked to come in for a face 2 face a few days later.

At the interview, I met with three different people. The first person I met be my direct supervisor then the next two were his supervisors. Originally I was to also interview with someone involved in the hiring process but they weren't available that day. Things happen, I just really appreciate their transparency.

However all three people I met with would be wonderfull to work, likeminded intelligent and professional.

After the end of the rather thorough three hour interview I felt as if my experience was perfect and that I would make a great member of the team. I definitely impressed mysel!

At the end of the interview my potential supervisor was instructed to take me to meet the HR rep. I felt as if this was a good sign however unfortunately I wasn't told when or if I would be notified of the decision. I maybe should have been direct. I am currently mulling over and delaying as best I can a job opportunity that is far more money but doesn't have what Habitat has.

The people and the passion to do what I know I was meant to do.

Well we'll see. Good luck

Interview Questions

• How could you motivate a volunteer that wasn't neccesarialy motivated to help the cause.   Answer Question

Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview went well with the HR representative, followed by a second in-person interview with the development supervisor -- was told a third interview with other development associate staff would be follow if candidacy was to proceeds. Both interviews went very smoothly and provided great company culture. Still waiting and looking forward to their response.

Human Resources Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

HR Director missed my interview on 3 different occasions and never made an effort to give me a proper date when it was rescheduled. She just said expect a call in the afternoon. The most unprofessional interviewing experience I've ever had

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Long interview process, hard to get the manager on the phone after the call you and leave a message. Clearly didn't care about the candidate experience because they could never confirm an interview and expected you as the interviewee to just be ok with it. Sorry we're just busy right now was the answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working on multiple different project with multiple different deadlines and all needing to be completed right away?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then phone interview with hiring manager. They wanted to know if I would be comfortable with a high stress environment with many moving parts. It was conversational.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words, why do you want this job, why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Friendly initial phone interview, then I was recommended for a second interview, hopefully I will be referred for an in person interview. the website prepared me well. However you need to know how well you work with a team.

Interview Questions

• what motivates you to come to work everyday   1 Answer