Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.5

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bay Saint Louis, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Bay Saint Louis, MS) in July 2013.

Interview

Met with the Board of Directors after submitting a resume strong with community activism. This was at a Habitat affiliate not the Habitat International which is somewhat of an umbrella organization.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for a non-profit.   1 Answer

Repair Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Oakland, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the Oakland office. It's a little difficult to find if you have never been their so give yourself a little time. It's actually in the beautiful church you'll see on the corner.

First I had a phone conversation with HR. I was told she would forward my resume to the appropriate place and she did! I revived a phone interview later in the week. After the phone interview I was called and asked to come in for a face 2 face a few days later.

At the interview, I met with three different people. The first person I met be my direct supervisor then the next two were his supervisors. Originally I was to also interview with someone involved in the hiring process but they weren't available that day. Things happen, I just really appreciate their transparency.

However all three people I met with would be wonderfull to work, likeminded intelligent and professional.

After the end of the rather thorough three hour interview I felt as if my experience was perfect and that I would make a great member of the team. I definitely impressed mysel!

At the end of the interview my potential supervisor was instructed to take me to meet the HR rep. I felt as if this was a good sign however unfortunately I wasn't told when or if I would be notified of the decision. I maybe should have been direct. I am currently mulling over and delaying as best I can a job opportunity that is far more money but doesn't have what Habitat has.

The people and the passion to do what I know I was meant to do.

Well we'll see. Good luck

Interview Questions

• How could you motivate a volunteer that wasn't neccesarialy motivated to help the cause.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Long interview process, hard to get the manager on the phone after the call you and leave a message. Clearly didn't care about the candidate experience because they could never confirm an interview and expected you as the interviewee to just be ok with it. Sorry we're just busy right now was the answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working on multiple different project with multiple different deadlines and all needing to be completed right away?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Conducted completely over phone interviews due to distance. First interview asked questions about my experience and a few personal questions. A few emails asking for more of my portfolio. A second interview was conducted with more leadership members present.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase - stipend position

Mortgage Servicing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview with hiring manager- very informal
    2. Face to Face with hiring manager and HR-formal but not hard just went over past experiences and how it related to position I was applying for
    3. Face to Face with VP -Simple for like a conversation to see if I would fit in
    4. Face to Face with CEO- Just a formality

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to handle multiple projects at once?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Eugene, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

This interview was with the Springfield-Eugene Habitat for Humanity. A three person panel interview comprised of the Executive Director, the Volunteer Coordinator, and the Development Director--all had prepared questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience writing and researching for grant proposals?   Answer Question

Longview Community Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Big Sandy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Big Sandy, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I sent a resume and somebody called me for an initial interview. And I told the person about my experience. And I'm going to submit some writing samples with e-mail.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Silver Spring, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

It was three rounds - first on the phone, then in person with the development team and supervisor, then I met with the Executive Director. Took a couple weeks to go through it all.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contact by the HR manager. We set up an interview and she was very accommodating to my schedule-. I met with two directors. Came back for second interview with three directors.

Family Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Raleigh, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Straight-forward interview where they went over the position and learned about why I was interested/what made me qualified. Having experience in community development and speaking Spanish were pluses for working in Family Services. I think it also helped that I have volunteered with Habitat in the past and had some personal connections.

Interview Questions

• How does this internship fit in with your career goals?   Answer Question