Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.5

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bay Saint Louis, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Bay Saint Louis, MS) in July 2013.

Interview

Met with the Board of Directors after submitting a resume strong with community activism. This was at a Habitat affiliate not the Habitat International which is somewhat of an umbrella organization.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for a non-profit.   1 Answer

Repair Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Oakland, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the Oakland office. It's a little difficult to find if you have never been their so give yourself a little time. It's actually in the beautiful church you'll see on the corner.

First I had a phone conversation with HR. I was told she would forward my resume to the appropriate place and she did! I revived a phone interview later in the week. After the phone interview I was called and asked to come in for a face 2 face a few days later.

At the interview, I met with three different people. The first person I met be my direct supervisor then the next two were his supervisors. Originally I was to also interview with someone involved in the hiring process but they weren't available that day. Things happen, I just really appreciate their transparency.

However all three people I met with would be wonderfull to work, likeminded intelligent and professional.

After the end of the rather thorough three hour interview I felt as if my experience was perfect and that I would make a great member of the team. I definitely impressed mysel!

At the end of the interview my potential supervisor was instructed to take me to meet the HR rep. I felt as if this was a good sign however unfortunately I wasn't told when or if I would be notified of the decision. I maybe should have been direct. I am currently mulling over and delaying as best I can a job opportunity that is far more money but doesn't have what Habitat has.

The people and the passion to do what I know I was meant to do.

Well we'll see. Good luck

Interview Questions

• How could you motivate a volunteer that wasn't neccesarialy motivated to help the cause.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Long interview process, hard to get the manager on the phone after the call you and leave a message. Clearly didn't care about the candidate experience because they could never confirm an interview and expected you as the interviewee to just be ok with it. Sorry we're just busy right now was the answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working on multiple different project with multiple different deadlines and all needing to be completed right away?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Conducted completely over phone interviews due to distance. First interview asked questions about my experience and a few personal questions. A few emails asking for more of my portfolio. A second interview was conducted with more leadership members present.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase - stipend position

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Bloomington, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They were really accommodating when setting up the interview. It was a full panel interview with multiple staff members and Board members present. Each person asked multiple questions. There was only one round of interviews, but they mentioned a potential second round if deemed necessary.

Interview Questions

• How are you in dealing with people from different faiths?   Answer Question

Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Nairobi (Kenya)) in August 2015.

Interview

Short interview on phone. Followed by Face to face, with three members of the project team, whom if i got the job would work with. The three members each asked me a set of questions one after the other. Some of the questions asked was if i ever worked in an NGO, and how my experiences will add value to the organization. I was then given time to ask questions and concerns.

Interview Questions

• How good are my interaction skills?
      Computer and reporting skills
      Answer Question

Real Estate and Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Scattered, lengthy (3+ interviews over a 2+ month period), and deceptive. Managers did not reveal that the organization was having serious senior management troubles that left the NYC office without a CEO for over a year.

Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview went well with the HR representative, followed by a second in-person interview with the development supervisor -- was told a third interview with other development associate staff would be follow if candidacy was to proceeds. Both interviews went very smoothly and provided great company culture. Still waiting and looking forward to their response.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

I had several rounds of interviewing. I first spoke with an HR representative by phone then met in person with a panel of potential team members. After that, I met in person with head of department. The timing did not feel rushed and I enjoyed the opportunity to meet many people.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to this organization? How did you decide to apply?   Answer Question

M & E Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lilongwe (Malawi)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Lilongwe (Malawi)) in September 2012.

Interview

I was called by phone to come attend the interview on a specified date and to bring along all my original copies of certification. I was then invited for the panel interviews where questions were asked and I responded. I was informed I will be notified of the results once the decision was made.