Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.5

Institutional Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Tyler, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Moderately formal, but friendly and focused on skills, potential for the organization, and personal integrity. They looked for a balance of skill, honesty, and your work ethic, which must be solid.

GIS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I got an email for an on site interview with options for interview time. There are four people interviewed, the atmosphere is not easy going. After one week, I sent an email asking for the result and get a positive answer.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Shady-Offered Salary---gave hourly with promise of OT "to protect you" then took back OT.....Never expected HfH to lie in an interview...but that was just the beginning of what was done to all of us.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then phone interview with hiring manager. They wanted to know if I would be comfortable with a high stress environment with many moving parts. It was conversational.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words, why do you want this job, why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Bloomington, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They were really accommodating when setting up the interview. It was a full panel interview with multiple staff members and Board members present. Each person asked multiple questions. There was only one round of interviews, but they mentioned a potential second round if deemed necessary.

Interview Questions

• How are you in dealing with people from different faiths?   Answer Question

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bay Saint Louis, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Bay Saint Louis, MS) in July 2013.

Interview

Met with the Board of Directors after submitting a resume strong with community activism. This was at a Habitat affiliate not the Habitat International which is somewhat of an umbrella organization.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for a non-profit.   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Interview

it is simple,just go online,watch small safety movies,answer the safety quiz and u r ready to work.After clearing the safety quiz a link is sent to you ,u can log in by making your ID and choose the shift u want to work.

Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Nairobi (Kenya)) in August 2015.

Interview

Short interview on phone. Followed by Face to face, with three members of the project team, whom if i got the job would work with. The three members each asked me a set of questions one after the other. Some of the questions asked was if i ever worked in an NGO, and how my experiences will add value to the organization. I was then given time to ask questions and concerns.

Interview Questions

• How good are my interaction skills?
      Computer and reporting skills
      Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

A short interview with the store manager of the store I had applied for. The interview was short and sweet because the staff at Habitat already knew what my skills were.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was no interview for the internship, but the employer told me information their organization and the job description. The employer mentioned what they expect me to do for the internship.