Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.5

Construction Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in December 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. 3 way questions and answers. Manager and Director were very nice.
    Interview took about 40 minutes. Request for background check and drug test came about 10 days after initial interview.

Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (New Rochelle, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Sat in the office until it was my turn to interview. When i did, they interviewed me and wanted to see if I knew the organization and was interested in working for a non for profit organization.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in August 2015.

Interview

Went back for a second interview with Manager and Director, as well as board president. Interview was 20+minutes. Many questions regarding interacting with volunteers and prior employees, coming in as a new (and younger) assistant manager. Overall, good (but nerve-wracking) experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a disagreement with a volunteer that has been here for a while? A Customer?   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

We went and had coffee, discussed the role and whether or not I was a fit for it. It was determined that I was and now I sit here at my desk typing this. I really don't have much to say but I have to hit a 30 word min. It was very informal, as are most interviews in real estate development.

Director of Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

There was a Phone call first that latest about 5 minutes. I was then asked to a face to face meeting with the senior director. The interview was not at all what I expected. I had worked with habitat before as a volunteer and i felt like they were unprepared for me. They asked me very basic questions. Nothing specific to my past experiences or how I could fit this position. I was not impressed.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casselberry, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Casselberry, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was quick and very personal. The interviewer made you feel at home. I was asked why I wanted to work there, if I knew what Habitats goals were, what makes me think I'm suited to work this job. I was also asked about my background/things listed on my resume.

Retail Sales Associate Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Cary, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Management explained history and culture of company and explained the job role. Introduced to other team members as well as the facility. Manager provided feedback and answered questions in a very pleasant informative manner.

Interview Questions

• Why volunteer?
      Why volunteer here?
      Identify past experiences that relate?
      Explain experience in working closely with others?
      identified shifts, hours available.
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with a supervisor to explore interests and see if there were projects that would benefit both parties. The interview itself was very laid back and mostly used to determine areas of need within the organization and how I might best use my skills to help them.

Interview Questions

• What are academic projects you've worked on in the past year?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen with Habitat for a marketing director position. The human resources rep with whom I spoke was very good. He described the position and was willing to talk about the culture. He asked standard questions for a phone screen style interview, including what I already knew about Habitat for Humanity. Also asked about why I'm thinking of leaving my current job.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my strengths and for an example of where I applied that strength.   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online received a phone call the next day. Called back the next day had a 15 minute interview. Pay was well below average even for a non profit. I read the over reviews and they are accurate.