Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was no interview for the internship, but the employer told me information their organization and the job description. The employer mentioned what they expect me to do for the internship.

Community Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Canton, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I was emailed within a couple of days to go in for an interview the next week. The interview was very informal. Two girls interviewed me on a set of couches in a large, shared office. They didn't ask me any questions that were difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• The girls who interviewed me did not seem to have a list of questions. They mostly talked about Habitat for Humanity and what the person hired would do in this particular role, and then would just ask me something like, "What do you think about doing that?" or "How would you feel about ___?" There were not any difficult questions, and I did not have many opportunities to speak, as most of the time was spent with the two girls explaining things that I had already read about on the website and in the job description.

I had read about other interviews on Glassdoor and felt what was said about interviewing for Habitat was pretty accurate to my experience.   Answer Question

Construction Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in December 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. 3 way questions and answers. Manager and Director were very nice.
    Interview took about 40 minutes. Request for background check and drug test came about 10 days after initial interview.

Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (New Rochelle, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Sat in the office until it was my turn to interview. When i did, they interviewed me and wanted to see if I knew the organization and was interested in working for a non for profit organization.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in August 2015.

Interview

Went back for a second interview with Manager and Director, as well as board president. Interview was 20+minutes. Many questions regarding interacting with volunteers and prior employees, coming in as a new (and younger) assistant manager. Overall, good (but nerve-wracking) experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a disagreement with a volunteer that has been here for a while? A Customer?   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

We went and had coffee, discussed the role and whether or not I was a fit for it. It was determined that I was and now I sit here at my desk typing this. I really don't have much to say but I have to hit a 30 word min. It was very informal, as are most interviews in real estate development.

Director of Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

There was a Phone call first that latest about 5 minutes. I was then asked to a face to face meeting with the senior director. The interview was not at all what I expected. I had worked with habitat before as a volunteer and i felt like they were unprepared for me. They asked me very basic questions. Nothing specific to my past experiences or how I could fit this position. I was not impressed.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casselberry, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Casselberry, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was quick and very personal. The interviewer made you feel at home. I was asked why I wanted to work there, if I knew what Habitats goals were, what makes me think I'm suited to work this job. I was also asked about my background/things listed on my resume.

Retail Sales Associate Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Cary, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Management explained history and culture of company and explained the job role. Introduced to other team members as well as the facility. Manager provided feedback and answered questions in a very pleasant informative manner.

Interview Questions

• Why volunteer?
      Why volunteer here?
      Identify past experiences that relate?
      Explain experience in working closely with others?
      identified shifts, hours available.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with a supervisor to explore interests and see if there were projects that would benefit both parties. The interview itself was very laid back and mostly used to determine areas of need within the organization and how I might best use my skills to help them.

Interview Questions

• What are academic projects you've worked on in the past year?   Answer Question