Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.5

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Aurora, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was initially called and he wanted to do a phone interview. I had time when he called, but that didn't give me any time to prep. I was asked to come in two days late for an interview with the general manager. I got there 10-15 min early (seemed like I was inconveniencing him by being early) we did the interview. And even though I was told and the posting said it was a full time position, the manager said it was part time. He also made me full or the application again.

Human Resources and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, and two group panel interviews. While the interviews were straight forward, I knew at the second interview that I didn't have the job and they were going through the process. I only interviewed with co-workers and the supervisor, and for this position I should have interviewed with the leadership team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at here   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

A short interview with the store manager of the store I had applied for. The interview was short and sweet because the staff at Habitat already knew what my skills were.

GIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Their process is simple. Probably due to it is an intern, not so competitive compare to a real job. One round interview with their manager, HR and two other staffs.

Interview Questions

• Most of questions are related to technics. They are trying to figure out if you have the skills to complete their daily jobs.   1 Answer

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (College Station, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Very friendly environment.The stuffs were welcoming and friendly as well. The hiring manager only asked me a few questions about myself and career goals and told me I was hired right then.

Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

There were 2 in-person interviews scheduled. One was with the direct supervisor for the position and the other included the HR manager. Both interviewees were very nice and made it the process comfortable.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

I had applied via the career services department at my university, where they did the first round of interviewing. The people who made it to the second round were then interviewed by Habitat for Humanity directors at their offices. They were really good at communicating with me before my interview. When I arrived and got settled into the meeting room, everything went smoothly. They're really nice and willing to answer any of your questions.

Truck Driver/Donation Pick Up Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dade City, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Dade City, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied at a local job fair. Was given an on the spot interview. The interview was brief and the person interviewing me told me they'd give me a call in a week or so. Two weeks go by and then I'm finally called back and given the first of two interviews. I was asked typical questions about my background and driving record. Told them everything was clean. The person interviewing me seemed impressed and said they'd call me soon about a second interview. Another two weeks go by and I'm called again for the second interview. This time I'm interviewed by a different manager. I'm pretty much asked the same questions all over again. Strangely I'm also asked questions that have absolutely nothing to do with the job I'm applying for.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about experience that was irrelevant to the said job I had applied for.   Answer Question

Real Estate and Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Scattered, lengthy (3+ interviews over a 2+ month period), and deceptive. Managers did not reveal that the organization was having serious senior management troubles that left the NYC office without a CEO for over a year.

Interview Questions

Interview

Started as volunteer and got to know the organization. Researched the company. Met with the staff and work-sites. No need to meet with the BOD for this position. Gave me the basic job functions.