Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with a supervisor to explore interests and see if there were projects that would benefit both parties. The interview itself was very laid back and mostly used to determine areas of need within the organization and how I might best use my skills to help them.

Interview Questions

• What are academic projects you've worked on in the past year?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen with Habitat for a marketing director position. The human resources rep with whom I spoke was very good. He described the position and was willing to talk about the culture. He asked standard questions for a phone screen style interview, including what I already knew about Habitat for Humanity. Also asked about why I'm thinking of leaving my current job.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my strengths and for an example of where I applied that strength.   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online received a phone call the next day. Called back the next day had a 15 minute interview. Pay was well below average even for a non profit. I read the over reviews and they are accurate.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Aurora, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was initially called and he wanted to do a phone interview. I had time when he called, but that didn't give me any time to prep. I was asked to come in two days late for an interview with the general manager. I got there 10-15 min early (seemed like I was inconveniencing him by being early) we did the interview. And even though I was told and the posting said it was a full time position, the manager said it was part time. He also made me full or the application again.

Human Resources and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, and two group panel interviews. While the interviews were straight forward, I knew at the second interview that I didn't have the job and they were going through the process. I only interviewed with co-workers and the supervisor, and for this position I should have interviewed with the leadership team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at here   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

A short interview with the store manager of the store I had applied for. The interview was short and sweet because the staff at Habitat already knew what my skills were.

Mortgage Servicing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview with hiring manager- very informal
    2. Face to Face with hiring manager and HR-formal but not hard just went over past experiences and how it related to position I was applying for
    3. Face to Face with VP -Simple for like a conversation to see if I would fit in
    4. Face to Face with CEO- Just a formality

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to handle multiple projects at once?   Answer Question

GIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Their process is simple. Probably due to it is an intern, not so competitive compare to a real job. One round interview with their manager, HR and two other staffs.

Interview Questions

• Most of questions are related to technics. They are trying to figure out if you have the skills to complete their daily jobs.   1 Answer

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (College Station, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Very friendly environment.The stuffs were welcoming and friendly as well. The hiring manager only asked me a few questions about myself and career goals and told me I was hired right then.

GIS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I got an email for an on site interview with options for interview time. There are four people interviewed, the atmosphere is not easy going. After one week, I sent an email asking for the result and get a positive answer.