Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.5

Interview

Started as volunteer and got to know the organization. Researched the company. Met with the staff and work-sites. No need to meet with the BOD for this position. Gave me the basic job functions.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later for a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of questions about previous work experience, willingness to participate in educational activities and workshops outside of construction work. I was asked mainly about previous leadership and volunteer management experience. Half of the interview contained questions about me and the other half was informational about the position and company.

ReStore Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

You will have to meet the a panel of store manager, Human Resources, Resource director, Business analyst. Be prepared to discuss your work history, management style, your strengths and weaknesses, your plans to change the culture and work with volunteers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Worked mainly with the Restore director

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I was contacted for an interview and within a week, I had Skyped with two employees and was offered the position. This was several months after applying though. The Skype interview was casual and more conversational. They were very friendly and the questions were relatively predictable.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple projects at once?   1 Answer

Video Editor Interview

Interview

It took a long time to go through the hiring process, but it paid off in the end. People were very friendly and gave me a good idea of what to expect with the job. I interviewed and met with almost everyone on the creative team before being offered the job.

Specialist- Volunteer Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2014.

Interview

I applied a week ago and received a phone call from the hiring department. She was very nice and wanted to go over a few questions with me. The phone interview was formal with a casual tone. I was asked about my abilities, experience, and what I would be expected to add to the organization. From there we went over my salary expectations, and benefits package. We went over my availability and am expected to hear from them in the next few days about a possible second interview, in person, with the youth departments hiring person.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected or difficult questions. Just know what you bring to the table and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR and two weeks later contacted for an in person interview with HR two person team, Finance Director and three other managers in finance. Was there for about four hours.
    didn't hear from them again until maybe 2-3 weeks later with a job offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, the usual questions about your background and what you are looking to do.   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Interviewed for a Volunteer Coordinator position. Went right to an in-person interview without conducting a phone interview. The staff seemed competent and friendly - low pressure. They ended up hiring internally so it seemed a bit like they were interviewing a few people to go through the motions. The job sounded like it was primarily paperwork/data entry focused due to their high volume of volunteers. I was more interested in the interaction aspect.

Interview Questions

• Asked the usual - How have you handled a difficult situation with a volunteer, What are you most/least excited about, what motivates you...no curveballs.   Answer Question

Resource Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Received an email from the ED requesting a phone interview which occurred the following week. Very friendly, knowledgable 35 minute phone interview followed by an in person with director of finance.

Money

Senior Specialist, Knowledge Sharing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very slow going. In the company's defense, the HR process involves upper level management, including the CEO, reviewing every candidate for every position. In some ways that is nice that everyone is involved in hiring, but it does slow the hiring process down very much.

I interviewed with HR for a position in April by phone, followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager in May. I was told it would take a couple of months before I would hear back. Finally, I was contacted in late July to interview in person in August. Once I interviewed in person, it took another 6 weeks for an offer to be made.

I understand that my interview process took slightly longer than others, but don't be surprised if interviews take months to completed. At least the HR team usually informs you the steps along the way so you are not caught off guard.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty typical of any interview. The thing they seemed to focus on for me was my willingness to learn new technologies and how the position would challenge me or help me grow professionally.   Answer Question