Habitat for Humanity Volunteer Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Habitat for Humanity Volunteer Coordinator Interview Questions

2.4

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online received a phone call the next day. Called back the next day had a 15 minute interview. Pay was well below average even for a non profit. I read the over reviews and they are accurate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Habitat for Humanity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Aurora, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was initially called and he wanted to do a phone interview. I had time when he called, but that didn't give me any time to prep. I was asked to come in two days late for an interview with the general manager. I got there 10-15 min early (seemed like I was inconveniencing him by being early) we did the interview. And even though I was told and the posting said it was a full time position, the manager said it was part time. He also made me full or the application again.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Interviewed for a Volunteer Coordinator position. Went right to an in-person interview without conducting a phone interview. The staff seemed competent and friendly - low pressure. They ended up hiring internally so it seemed a bit like they were interviewing a few people to go through the motions. The job sounded like it was primarily paperwork/data entry focused due to their high volume of volunteers. I was more interested in the interaction aspect.

Interview Questions

• Asked the usual - How have you handled a difficult situation with a volunteer, What are you most/least excited about, what motivates you...no curveballs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Flint, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process went as follows... Walked in the door. Asked to see the General Manager. Talked with him for about ten minutes. He asked if I was willing to work today. I said yes. I was hired on the spot as a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity ReStore.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in February 2013.

Interview

Two interviews, low pressure, friendy and comfortable environment. Just two staff members, made me feel less nervous by how human and friendly they were. No long questionaires, no drug tests, all happened within 2 weeks.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and then two in person interviews; one with a panel. The phone interview was very basic and easy. The in person interview was casual and pretty laid back. When I got to the panel interview there was really only one person interviewing me so it wasn't clear why the others needed to sit in.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the company? Why do you want to get involved with Habitat? How do you deal with stressful situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by the Executive Director and Store Manager. they were very personable and seemed like and amazing team to work with
    the starting wage is very low, understandable with non-profit, but to recruit the right fit, sometimes spending more can be better

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Habitat?   1 Answer