Hackensack University Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.8

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center (Hackensack, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed once. The doctor interviewing explained the requirements. Then he said that he has accepted me as a volunteer and it was my turn as to whether I accept his requirements, which is minimum 1 full year of volunteering.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center in January 2017.

Interview

The process was fast. I apply mid January 2017 and at the end I got a called from the HR recruiter. She was very professional and ask me simple questions. At the end, she told me that I will be hearing from the nurse manager in a couple of days in which I did in 5 days. When I went in for the in person interview ( I arrive 30 minutes ahead of time just make sure I am not late). After I check in with in front desk I waited like almost an hour.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • tell me a situation in where you made a difference and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    • where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time, in which you had to come up with a solution to a problem? what was the problem and how did you solved it?   Answer Question
    • what are your strengths and what are your weakness   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process was pretty straight forward. I was actually turned onto the position by a friends but then after that I had two interviews and then went through a standard hiring process. There were some extra hoops to jump through because it was a hospital.

Clinical Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center (Hackensack, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Human Resources will schedule an interview with you and if they're happy with you, the department you're applying to will call you for a follow up interview. I interviewed with the supervisor in the department I applied to (after interviewing with HR) and was told I would have to come in for a third interview to meet with the rest of the team members and directors. Sounded very promising. The wait was longer than I anticipated, it was during the holidays so I guess that contributed. I finally got a call from another supervisor in the same department but for a different role. I was to interview with her so I was asked to do the pre-interview assessment which I had done prior to the first interview with HR. I took it again and was told everything went well and to expect a call for the final interview. Instead I received an email saying despite how impressed they were with me, they had decided on another candidate after waiting for over a month. It took a total of 2+ months from my first interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations at work with coworkers?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center (Hackensack, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Based on if they like your personality. Another contracted workers was brought in to give me an over view and to give advice on the parking situation. I was told about the functions required for the position. I explained my different jobs and how my functions working with them related to the job they were interviewing me for.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with invoices?   1 Answer

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center (Hackensack, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I first got a call from a recruiter who told me the time of my phone interview. So at the date and time I got a call by the HR nurse who interviewed me mostly about my background. Then after the interview she said she'll send my information to the nurse manager in my applied ward, and if she likes me she'll call me. A couple hours later the nurse manager called me and we set up the interview. So I had an interview a few days later and she asked me a few simple questions and she talked to me about the unit. She even gave me a tour and introduced me to some of the employees. I was nervous throughout. After the interview ended, I went home but a few hours later the HR called to ask if I'd accept the job offer... of course! I was hired pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• 1. Have you ever had to work with someone you had conflict with? How were you able to handle the situation?
      2. How can one keep a hospital profitable?
      3. Why did you decide to be a CNA?   Answer Question

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center (Hackensack, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

I was asked mostly questions regarding my personal clinical experiences, jobs, why i wanted to work there etc. I met with someone from HR and usually you meet the nursing supervisor the same day but she told me she had no availability today and i would hear back via a call to schedule something. I never did. Eventually they turned me down. I think the interview was just to humor me. They warned me before that the nursing manager does not hire you if you have only 1 semester left which is so unfair because you never know how long someone will work there even if someone is in their first semester. It's not like you graduate and get a RN job the next day,, it takes time. I reiterated this in a follow-up email and even offered to make a commitment if needed but still they turned me down. Especially a hospital like this that values and prefers experience as a pct/cna and I was denied that right.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Network Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center (Hackensack, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Very easy- went in and had a conversation with HR & they told me what questions I should anticipate being asked on the second interview. Discussed what the new graduate program entails and a typical day would be like. Went back for second interview after passing boards.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center (Hackensack, NJ).

Interview

Go through volunteer services. Fill out proper paperwork. If you are accepted during the winter season you have to get a flu shot or else they will require you to wear a face mask (you cannot take it off no matter). Specific interview questions will differ from department to department.

Benefits Specialist II - Pensions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hackensack University Medical Center (Hackensack, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Based on referral by staffing company representative, I was contacted via phone by an HUMC HR representative who instructed me to submit an online application and scheduled an interview with an HR Recruiter. Interviewed with HUMC HR Recruiter first, immediately followed by interview with hiring manager and her manager, simultaneously.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a certification in advanced MS Excel analytical skills, including a final exam score?   Answer Question