Hair Cuttery Stylist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2017

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hair Cuttery

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Miami, FL).

Interview

After a brief phone conversation with the local recruiter, I set up an interview with the salon I applied for. The Salon Leader asked me a few questions about myself and work ethics. Asked me about my previous job and I showed them what I could offer to the salon. Creating and bringing a portfolio for any beauty position will help you a lot and it shows how serious you are. These days, sharing your professional instagram can get you further than you've thought. After the questions, I performed a women's cut and a men's cut. I also performed a mock highlight service , virgin color and color retouch service.

Hair Cuttery Response

Sep 14, 2016 – Recruiting Leader

Welcome to the Team!

Other Interview Reviews for Hair Cuttery

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery.

Interview

I had some technicals and they went great! Got hired on the spot! I brought my own models. If you're confident in your work you will not have a problem! Go for it ! Haircuttery is a great company to work for!

Interview Questions

Hair Cuttery Response

Apr 19, 2016 – Recruiting Leader

Congratulations and welcome to the team!

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Horsham, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

you must demonstrate a men's haircut on a mannequin and a women's haircut with layers. you also have to show foils with conditioner/cholesterol. the manager doesn't really look over to you much but there's a check sheet they need to look at. once you start you need to take 3 classes to introduce products and the culture of hair cuttery and what is to be expected.

Anonymous Employee in Parkville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Parkville, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview
    Then a practical interview in person where you bring in mannequin or model, section hair in quadrants to illustrate various coloring techniques then rinse out and cut and blow dry to show technique

Anonymous Employee in Lauderhill, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Lauderhill, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

It took about 10 minutes, she was busy eating in the back with the door open when I arrived. She walked up to me, sat in the front window, asked when I could come in to show my skills, reviewed my portfolio and told me to start in a week.

Interview Questions

• Did you just graduate school? When is your test? Do you have all your tools? When can you come in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Vero Beach, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Long interview -4hours-apply online-recruiter calls and screens , sets up in salon technical interview and phone call interview with DL, tech takes 4 hours , and then a behavior personality question and answer .if hired , the manager schedules 3classes , 2 are 8 hours long and one is a basic tech class

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

I walked into a salon and asked for an application. The next day I was called for an interview. i went in for my interview and did my technical. I was hired 3 days later.

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call from the regional recruiter. We had a brief phone interview. She said the manager at the store I applied for would be calling me soon. The manager called me a few days later to set up an interview. I went to the interview where the manager said she liked my personality. She scheduled a day for me to come in and do a technical interview. The technical interview consisted of doing a number of haircuts, demonstrating how to do foils, and showing proper color application on a mannequin. I was offered the job immediately after the technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything, as far as hair is concerned, that you aren't as comfortable with doing?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hair Cuttery in September 2009.

Interview

met in a bar she told me to come to salon i did next day hired