Hakkasan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 18, 2016

2.1

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hakkasan (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by 2 managers. Basic interview questions. They are looking more for energy, your presentation of looks and friendliness level with guests. Looking for flexible long hours. I came in very energetic, enthusiastic & ready to be hired the day of. That was appreciated. They prefer people with charisma because as a team, it helps to have energy when the environment becomes stressful.

Interview Questions

• How do you greet a disgruntled guest? Are you willing to work weekends?   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hakkasan (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was quick for the host/hostess position. I had to send in my resume and fill out an application once I arrived for my interview. I got the job on the stop and then had to further the hiring process.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hakkasan (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long and intimidating. The first interview I waited almost 9 hours before I had my 30 sec interview. The second interview was only about an hour wait and this one was much better because it was one on one .

Host Interview

Interview

The interview process was very casual. It is usually best to be yourself and conversational as the job requires you to be interpersonal. Be sure that you know what the job entails and that you like being social and accommodating.

Polisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hakkasan (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

It was quick, after all i was only applying for a polisher. They asked for proof that I was from here (USA)..signed a lot of papers. Then within 2-3 days I was hired and working under hakkasan.

Security Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hakkasan (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Was asked how I worked under pressure. They did not seem to take into account that I had nightclub security experience at a much larger club. The interviewer didn't seem too interested in the whole process. Was told that we're not allowed to accept tips at all and if we did, it was instant firing.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle stressful situations   1 Answer

Pay was only $11 and no tips allowed. Had to buy own suits with no reimbursement or contribution from company. Little to no advancement opportunity.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hakkasan (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Asked a lot of questions by manager. Not to hard to impress management since there is high turnover at this place. Felt more like a conversation then an interview. They really care about your ap[appearance though if you are front of house.

Interview Questions

• What is customer Service to you?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hakkasan in July 2012.

Interview

Very fast interview process with top management, had one interview with the former GM and the former Operation Director for the Middle East. The interview lasted around 1hour, with various questions ask more about my personality and my approach to problem solving.

Design and Development - Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hakkasan (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in July 2011.

Interview

Worked for the executive architect for 2 of their restaurants in the middle east. Upon decision to move to London I informed both Hakkasan and my previous employer's local office. Went through the interview process with both of them and received an offer from both, upon which I accepted the position with Hakkasan to forward my personal career preferences.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about your first project being the company's largest and most ambitious project to date?   1 Answer