Haldia Petrochemicals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Haldia Petrochemicals Interview Questions

3.4

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Haldia Petrochemicals.

Interview

The Process is very simple there will be Three Rounds
    1st Round: Technical Apptitude 30 Questions which we need to do in 30 mins all were basic question
    2nd Round: It is a non-elimination round , Psychometric Test where you would be offered a booklet of 70 question to be answered within 5 min , 5 option would be there.
    3rd Round: The deciding round PI where they will be a panel of 5-6 person including people from HR and Technical background and sometime even the Company VP might be there. The most crucial round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why didn't you choose your father's profession (My father was an ex-IAF officer)   Answer Question
    • Name the significant parts of a Transformer?   Answer Question
    • What will happen if
      1. If we apply rated DC to the primary side of the Transformer
      2. What if we replace transformer oil with mustard oil.   Answer Question
    • Why do we put a thin wire on the top of the electric poles.   Answer Question
    • Questions related to Training.   Answer Question
    • How does an induction motor start.?   Answer Question
    • What if one of the winding of the induction motor is damaged.? Will it run or not.?   Answer Question
    • What will happen if we provide supply current to the rotor of SRIM.?   Answer Question
    • Tell us something about contactor.?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the types of grounding.? Transformer is generally which type grounded.?   Answer Question
    • Draw a restricted Earth fall protection for transformer.   Answer Question
    • Purpose of Lighting Arrestor ?   Answer Question
    • Many questions related to protection of electrical system.   Answer Question

Management Trainee - Electrical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Haldia Petrochemicals (Kolkata (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

The process consisted of a technical written test of average difficulty. It comprisie questions from almos all the subjects with main focus on machines , trafo and power electronics.
    Shortlisted candidates were interviewed. Interview panel consisted of four person. 3 from technical team and one from HR.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to industrial training , final year project , transformers , motors and power electronics.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

written exam then interview.
    test will be objective type of the relevent subjects of the profile.
    in interview , panel consists of hr and technical.

Interview Questions

• describe yourself in 10 minutes.   2 Answers

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interview

Trainee Interview

Application

I interviewed at Haldia Petrochemicals in February 2012.

Interview

The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for jobs and to get your application into contention for the jobs you are interested in, next step is involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• what is the enhancement factor for fluid-fluid reaction?   Answer Question

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haldia, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Haldia Petrochemicals (Haldia, West Bengal (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview conducted through Video Conference.
    Panel consisted 6 officials.
    Interview was taken 30 mins

Interview Questions

• About yourself?
      About Previous Experience?
      About controls and controllers?
      Why would you like to change your field from Sponge Iron field to Petrochemical?   Answer Question

Negotiation

As Per Company Policy

MT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Haldia Petrochemicals (Kolkata (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

Written exam was there , it is mcq type, not so hard, After that shortlisted candidate went for technical interview. There 3 persons were at the board and 2 from technical and other from hr. Then selected candidates are chosen and announced. After some days offered letter was sent by mail.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Haldia Petrochemicals (Kolkata (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

interview was taken by a group comprising of senior executives alongwith process head and later personal interview by process head

Interview Questions

Negotiation

the salary offered in according to grades and difficult to negotiate

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haldia, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Haldia Petrochemicals (Haldia, West Bengal (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

It was quite a good experience though there were hidden parts in salary structure like Performance link pay (PLP). Your 20% of CTC belong to this category and you will get only 50 % for a very good rating and 30 % for Good rating. So guys negotiate with HR on salary, knowing the fact that you are going to get almost 10% less than what you are offered.

Interview Questions

• What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?   Answer Question