Half Price Books Interview Questions in Frisco, TX | Glassdoor

Half Price Books Interview Questions in Frisco, TX

Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Half Price Books (Frisco, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process at Half Price Books in Frisco, Texas was basic and disappointing. When I arrived the disheveled assistant covered in tattoos presented me with a checklist of job tasks and workplace values. The interview itself was below average. The store manager seemed unapproachable and complained about difficult customers a lot. He did not seem interested in talking too much with me and did not allow for me to speak too much or ask questions. I felt that he would not be a good role-model or a good manager to work for because of that. I felt that the questions he asked me were not related to bookselling. The wage was very disappointing. $8 an hour is really awful.The bookstore had a foul, dusty, and moldy odor. I was not impressed or pleased.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a good relationship with your current boss?   1 Answer

Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Half Price Books (Frisco, TX).

Interview

Very casual interview, only took about 20 minutes. I interviewed with the manager and assistant manager at the same time, both very nice guys. The interview took place in a small and cramped office in the back. They asked the basic questions about my previous work experience and about my personal hobbies.

They told me about the hours and benefits which seem good. The pay starts out at minimum wage and the job seems physically and mentally demanding. You are more than just a bookseller/cashier, there's some janitorial work involved too and also a lot of heavy lifting. I wish they would have told me this before I came in for the interview.

Interview Questions

Wasn't willing to do janitorial work and heavy lifting.