Half Price Books Bookseller Full-Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Half Price Books Bookseller Full-Time Interview Questions

1.0

Full-time Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Half Price Books in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back very quickly, probably took less than a week. The store seemed pretty busy when I got there for the interview, I told one of the staff that I was there for an interview and they called up the manager, who was very polite but seemed tired. I was taken to the basement to a little table in a hidden nook. The manager first told me the details of the position (wage, benefits, etc.) and then asked me about myself. The whole process may have taken 20 minutes or less.

Interview Questions

• "Why did you apply for this job/Tell me about the path you took that lead you to apply here" "What are you reading right now?" "What do you do in your free time?" Etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Half Price Books

Full Time Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Half Price Books (Louisville, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

Very laid back. Asked basic interview questions, but the managers were very personable also asking about your interests as a person and what books you liked to read. In the main office for close to half an hour and immediately got a call back after I left offering me a job.

Bookseller Full-Time Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Half Price Books in June 2008.

Interview

The store had a sign up and I filled out an application. They only promote from within, and seniority is not a factor. Interpersonal compatability is the most important factor.

Let the interview be as natural and as true to your personality as possible, otherwise you may get the job and end up quitting because you just don't fit in with the group.

This company allows dating between employees including managers and entry-level, and there is a lot of after hours socializing since it is permitted.

Do not try to push credentials or education level. The company website states that there is not a single degree at the corporate offices. The way to get hired, promoted, or stay employed is your ability to maintain within the social circle at the store. So be friendly and personable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Do you go to (local bar) a lot?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no nego on the starting wages, so take what is offered.