Half Price Books Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

Half Price Books Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX

2.0

Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Half Price Books (San Antonio, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview was great and very laidback. I don't know that it's the same way at all the stores, but the one I interviewed with was more like a great conversation with strangers than an intimidating interview. They called me back for another interview the very next day and I was hired. Started working a day or two after that. Very quick process.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties have you faced with customer service in the past?   1 Answer

Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Half Price Books (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an automated email response. Over two weeks later I received a phone call from a store employee, asking if I was still interested and offering an interview. An interview was scheduled for the next week. I arrived early and waited in my car in the parking lot, then came in about fifteen minutes early. No one else was ready, and the manager was apparently not in the store. I browsed the store while waiting and was eventually called by an employee. She apologized for my wait and identified herself as the person who had scheduled the interview. She took me into the back employee-only area where we met with the manager. He asked a few questions, most of which seemed tailored to find out about me as a person. He did not seem very interested in my work history and did not seem to want to hear much about what was already on my application. I started off by talking about my last job, and that seemed to be the wrong approach. I had brought in a copy of my resume and the questions I had answered on the application, but it was not needed. He gave me a print out of the job description and asked if there was anything on it I could not agree to or was unable to do. I told him the items were all things I had done before, and it was fine. He asked when I would be able to start, and I told him I could come in the next day. I wasn't really given the opportunity to ask questions. He told me I was the first to be interviewed and that he would call me back that day, for sure, and let me know either way if I was hired or not. He told me to call him if I wanted to add anything, and suddenly the interview was over. I was not given any contact information, so presumably I was expected not to call at all or to call the store. There was no way to send a thank you note. He did not call me that day, and no one from the store has called. It is now a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you. What motivates you? What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question