Halfords Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Halfords Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.4

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redditch, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halfords (Redditch, England (UK)).

Interview

1 hour of interview with 2 quality managers. Questions where about my technical profile, my abilities in problem solving and about my possible future in the company. Some question about them products' quality.
    The technical questions were about my ability to find the root cause analysis and the ability in investigation. Also about the skills to solve an issue far from press shop.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halfords (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview - The woman on the phone held no conversation so was really awkward. Just asked the questions and silence even when I tried to engage in conversation so VERY difficult and not happy! Nothing like a phone interview I've had before she seemed very bored and disengaged. Feel I had an unfair advantage because it was late in the day.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you worked under pressure?

Why do you feel you're a leader?

Who's your idol?

Why retail?

How did you prepare for this?
      1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Halfords (Taunton, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview with Manager - pleasant guy. (Taunton Store) showed me round, talked me through the job. Very quick, no more than 30 mins in total. Came prepared for 'road test' in store with customers as informed online, but was not required to do this. Enjoyable interview, no stress involved. Seems like a good team too.

Interview Questions

• When have you had a difficult situation at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Halfords in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, this was followed up by a telephone interview and then an in-store interview. Prior to the in store interview, it was very organized. However, upon arrival for my interview I was informed that the position no longer existed and I should have been called and if I could come back later that day for another position's interview. Staff were very friendly throughout the process. Although unsuccessful, I feel there was a lack of quality feedback as it was claimed I was unconfident with a customer, yet did not come into contact with customers throughout the process. Asides from this confusion, it was a positive experience

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have worked successfully as a team   Answer Question
    • Name a time you have unsuccessfully worked as a team and why?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halfords (Nottingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview followed by casual meet up, once past telephone interview very relaxed process. Explain skills in more detail etc.. what can you do, and can't. Why halfords, availability, bit of personal details

Interview Questions

• This is the product, sell it to me   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halfords.

Interview

Did online application after 3 weeks it was followed with telephone interview 3 weeks later it was face to face with one of the regional manager. The structure was of the interview was pathetic i felt like the manger already made up his mind the moment he saw me there was mo structure for the interview which was very different to what i was told to expect he kept answeing his phone all the time

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Halfords.

Interview

interview is in two parts firstly there is a question and answers session which last approx 45-1hr and the second part is a road test in which you are on assisted on the shopfloor to see how you interact with customers environment.

Auto Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kettering, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halfords (Kettering, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a telephone interview last week that lasted for around 30 mins, asked a vary of questions to include, if i was a superhero what power would i have and if a newspaper would describe me what would it say, had my interview today with the store manager and duty manager, asked almost identical question mainly my reasons for appling, was shown round the store and shown how the POS systems work and the layout of the warehouse.

Interview Questions

• Why you wanted to work for halfords   1 Answer

Bicycle Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Halfords.

Interview

Started with basic questions on why I wanted to work for Halfords before moving on to more technical questions regarding my knowledge on cars, radios and bicycles. Particular attention to experience building and repairing bikes. Other questions included days available to work.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you have encountered a bike repair problem and explain how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redditch, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halfords (Redditch, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then had a half an hour phone interview with pretty standard questions surrounding experience, why I wanted to work for halfords etc. Then invited to an assement day at their hq in Redditch. This consisted of a variety of tasks, group ice breaker, numerical aptitude test speed interviews, role play, group commercial task. We were also required to prepare a presentation on an object which we felt represented the 6 halfords values. Overall a very challenging but enjoyable experience. All staff members were extremely pleasant and welcoming. Candidates were given the opportunity to have conversations with staff members currently on the graduate scheme to ask any questions etc.