Halliburton Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2016

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Waco, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Opened with asking what I knew about the company. Then moved to talking about myself, my experiences, and they asked a few questions about my resume. There was a brief behavioral section where they asked questions regarding decisions, teamwork, and other life experiences. The end was asking if I had any questions. Pretty chill and standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision fast. Tell me when this went well and when it went poorly.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

I went to the home office and interviewed with 2 different accounting managers. The first interview was in the morning, then they took me to lunch, and a second interview was in the afternoon. Interview questions were both behavioral and informal. The staff was laid back and there seemed to be plenty of work-life balance.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you had to step-up and take leadership of a group.   Answer Question
    • What would you expect to gain as an employee of this company?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton in October 2010.

Interview

Halliburton came to our college campus and gave a speech about the company and how to get hired. People gave them their resumes and applied online. After about a week, candidates were selected from interviews through a pre-select process. Overall, the people were generally nice and knowledgeable. They provided a lot of information and warned that it was very competitive to be employed at Halliburton.

However, I wasn't really satisfied with their actual interview. I came into the interview and the person who interviewed me didn't have anything prepared. He acted like he was forced by the college to ask candidates particular questions and said that he'd rather just wing it. During the whole interview, we were talking about various issues and it seemed they were focused on seeing if you'd be a cultural fit. That isn't bad but you weren't given any indication whether you'd be chosen or not.

I emailed the recruit later that day asking a few followup questions since the interview ended quickly. I never received a response and received a no a week later. I later found out that someone with military experience was hired on the spot even though they didn't have any technical experience for that job.

To sum it up, if you have military experience, you will have a much easier time getting in. Jobs with Halliburton may require lots of international travel and one from a military background may fit in better. Also, I found out other people got some very hard questions in their interviews so I guess it depended on who was interviewing you. The company seems to be a good place to work but the good ole boy system definitely exists here just like it seems to in most of Corporate America.

Interview Questions

• How would describe your experiences with diversity and how you handled it in a work environment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation would had conflict in a team and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question