Halliburton Associate Field Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Associate Field Professional Interview Questions

Interviews at Halliburton

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

There was actually, there was no Interview at all. I was referred by a friend and applied online. About a month went by and all of the sudden I got an offer in Email. I thought it very odd, but upon calling the offer was truly legit. At the time I didn't have any other offers and had a family to feed, so I took it. Looking back, I realized why they use this tactic. If applicants and any idea what they were getting themselves into, for most there wouldn't be a second thought. The working conditions are just that bad. Also, I found out that my "friend" was just looking to recruit people because as a referred employee you are worth in excess of $1,000 in bonus to the guy that refers you. Be cautious with these people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caldwell, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Caldwell, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back as if they knew who they were going to hire already. The first day you sit in a hotel through several presentations and videos based on your area of work. Then you go out to dinner for the remainder of the evening. The next morning everyone heads out to the shop site where you will look at most of the tools that you will be working with out in the field. During this time REMEMBER TO PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY KEY TOOL THAT THEY SPEAK ABOUT....THEY WILL ASK RANDOM BUT USEFUL QUESTIONS ABOUT SOME OF THESE TOOLS. Also, ASK QUESTIONS...there's no such thing as a dumb question. Then you will proceed to the final interview process with one of the area managers. The interview should last anywhere from 15-20 minutes and there maybe some off-the-wall, but useful once again, technical questions that they will ask you as well. Overall, if you know how to speak well and your willing to communicate with others and ASK QUESTIONS you'll have the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you utilize a cased-hole vehicle to perform open hole work and vice-verse?   Answer Question

Associate Field Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Interview

Was contacted via phone by a recruiter after applying for this position on the Halliburton website. Had initial phone interview and then went in for in person interview. The in person interview was a group interview with multiple applicants as well as interviewers. We all went out to both lunch and dinner as well as touring the shop and field locations. The one on one interviews were very professional and after spending time with the interviewers earlier in the day there was a little less pressure. I received a call from the recruiter a day after the in person interview and a formal offer followed shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• They will ask if you understand the duties and performance expectations for the specific PSL you are interviewing for. Also be prepared for generic interview questions such as: Tell us about a time where you were in a successful leadership role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

Very adversarial, was asked mathematical questions in a high pressure process as well as problem solving based questions. Was brought in from out of state and put up in a hotel. Given a presentation with other candidates before the specific interviews began. There were 6 or 7 people interviewed at this stage and I believe two individuals were given offers.

Interview Questions

• Calculate ohms law given two parameters   1 Answer

Associate Field Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in February 2012.

Interview

1) english test (You have to have a good level to be considered to the position)
    2) Interview with Human Resources Personal
    3) The last interview is 1:1 with the Personal Development Coordinator, you will be asked about your past experience in engineering, about what you want for your career, about your family and he will be hard trying to find out if you will be able to work in the field, on remote locations sometimes without access to communication.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to spend almost all the year in the field??? Are you good working under pressure???   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation at all.

Associate Field Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Jakarta (Indonesia)).

Interview

It was pretty fast.
    Start with online application via my university and continue for written test. The test was a mix of psycho-test and logical thinking. After written test, continue to group discussion. We were presented with a case and discuss how to handle the case. There is no guaranteed chance to speak in the discussion nor there is any moderation, it's all about how you can define your presence in the group and contribute a valuable idea during the process. Last stage is an interview with HR person followed by an interview with the user.