Halliburton Associate Technical Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Associate Technical Professional Interview Questions

Interviews at Halliburton

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Kingsville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Kingsville, TX).

Interview

Halliburton was doing campus recruiting. They interviewed several students. Only a few got 2nd interviews. They were flown to Odessa for a two day, see how everything works tour. Interviews were conducted and offer letters sent by email a month or so later. Recieved $10,000 bonus that is received $5000 initially, $2000 after some training and another $3000 later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Anonymous Employee in Duncan, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Duncan, OK) in April 2014.

Interview

The process consisted of a total of 5 interviews. Each interview was 45 minutes long and involved talking directly to a hiring manager that was looking to fill positions for their product service line (PSL).

Interview Questions

• The process was at the max 3 technical questions then it was all about your resume.

Name a time you were in a group and experienced a set back, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Attended my university's career fair and talked with a TP from the field. Went to information session a couple weeks later and was asked to come in for an on-campus interview the next day. First interview was as described- very basic behavioral questions that anyone can answer. Whether or not interviewer likes you is dependent on your personality and character IMHO. Received email invitation for second interview ~5-6 weeks later. Second interview was very laid back. If you make it this far, you are doing very well. Whether you receive an offer is very dependent on your interest and interaction with the Halliburton team you are with. They will ask you questions during the two days on site (only one informal, exit 'interview') so pay attention.

Interview Questions

• What is the unit weight of cement?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Very good contract, good pay (a lot of bonuses in the field), and excellent benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Lafayette, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through the University Career Services. A week or so after they called me for an on-campus interview. That one was pretty general. Just talk about yourself, why you want to be a Field Engineer, are you able to cope with long work hours etc... The person who interviewed me said that he would recommend me based on my answers and that I did pretty good on the interview. About a week after, I received an email instructing me to choose my top 3 locations and top 3 service lines. I chose Gulf of mexico, for I wanted to go off-shore. After that, HR got in touch with me to schedule a trip to Lafayette-LA for the second round interview. Here is where it gets tricky... There is no interview. This is a 2 day deal. First night we met at a nice restaurant with a 7-10 reps from Halliburton from their different service lines, and the other candidates. Many of the guys at my interview were new to Halliburton, 1-2 years with the company, and some had either recently break out or were close to do so. So during Dinner, just try to socialize. if you are 100% certain what service line you want, look for that rep and talk to him.. Socialize.. socialize.. that's what this is all about. If you want to play safe ask them about how many openings are in each PSL to improve your chances. I think I did the mistake of talking with the wrong people all night long.

Second day. Just meet over at their location and then sit for hours looking at the reps do presentations about the PSL they work for. Some presentations were good, others looked like they just put a whole bunch of slides together to do the presentation and get over with that. But anyways, its not you judging them. After all day off going thru presentations, you get to fill out a paper, once again, with your top 3 selection of PSLs. After that, the hiring manager from your top choice calls you into a F2F "interview" ... My interview went as follows:

"Any concerns about working for Halliburton? No, this is the job I want, I have researched about this position a lot, and I am really excited at this opportunity "

"Any problem with relocation? No, I'm 100% available for relocation or travel"

"When are you available to begin? I have my last final on Dec 15th 2014, I am available Dec 16th 2014. I'm not even attending the commencement (yes.. that's how eager I was to work with them)"

"Do you have any questions for us?" Here I asked about training schools and about some specifics about the PSL I chose

"You will hear from us within the next 2 weeks, bye."

So in short... the only advise I have for everyone doing this is, just socialize. To this date I don't know what I did wrong, my grades were good, my resume was good, have a 2 year long internship (although they didn't look at any of my transcripts nor resume during the second round). Also, you never get a chance to talk to your 2nd or 3rd choice of PSL, I don't know why they ask you about them.

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I first became interested in Halliburton through the engineering job fair. One note, they do not take resumes, you have to submit everything online. After going through the online process, I got an on campus interview. The on campus interview was pretty typical; sign up for a time slot, go and talk to a manager or HR rep. The questions were more or less about why you are interested in working for Halliburton. Some time after the initial interview I received an email for a second interview in Duncan, OK. The second interview was a kind of round Robbin type were you meet with a manager from one of the PSL's for about 30-45 minutes, talk and answer standard behavioral questions, then move on to a different manager. The second round interview is pretty much all day. After my second round I got a phone call a few days later giving me an offer for two different PSL's to choose from.

Interview Questions

• Like I said they are all pretty much standard behavioral questions. In fact some of the managers barely asked any of them because the conversation ran a little to long.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation phase, I'm sure this was because it is an entry level position.

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Interview

not bad was hard but managed. very nice outgoing people and are very professional but they are very serious. don't have a huge sense of humor. I was pleased by how they treated me and all went very smooth even though I didn't get an offer here.

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton in November 2014.

Interview

Was an interview session at a university. It was a standard interview with challenging questions. More about experience solving problems. Not many personal questions. After the first interview session, they invited people they were interested in to a second overnight interview. They bought a nice dinner, breakfast, and lunch. It was more of a hangout session with current employees than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked for a lot of detailed information about times that I solved problems. They wanted the whole story. It was a little intimidating. I recommend thinking about past times you messed up and how you fixed it, stressful situations you encountered and how you dealt with it, and times when you did not agree with a boss and how you told them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Montgomery, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager first, then I was called in for a personal interview. Both were a month apart and then another month to receive a verbal offer and then an official offer was emailed to me. Process was long but keep following up as directed and follow the rules

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was mostly behavioral, but the personal interview was a little intense. I interviews with the hiring manager, a lady from HR and a performance development coordinator.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

The entire interview was comprised of personality based questions. Nothing very technical but it gets you to speak technically about previous projects or experience you have. This is a good way to find out if they can get along with you at the same time finding out what broad experience you have gained in your school projects, internships, or previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Brighton, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews:

Round 1 took place on my college campus during a career fair week. It was your basic interview and took only like 20 minutes. The person interviewing me was from HR, and I was applying to be an engineer, so she didn't ask super technical questions. More like "what skills can you bring to our company?". No trick questions; it was basically just a conversation to make sure I am a normal person.

Round 2 took place in Brighton, Colorado. They flew me out there to stay for a two day group interview process with a few other college students. They took us to tour the facilities and we watched a few presentations on the basics of oil and gas as well as company benefits and departments. On the second day we all went out to dinner and then filled out a sheet listing our top 3 locations and top 3 departments (and we got to select if location or department was more important). At the end, they talked to each of us individually in a room to ask some interview questions. I remember they asked me to instruct one of the interviewers how to tie his shoes. Also, they asked "what is one thing you remember about the presentations?" I could only remember a joke one of the guys made during it (presentations were kind of boring) and they took that as an acceptable answer.

Round 2 was kind of fun; I met some cool people, and it was basically just a couple days of hanging out.

Interview Questions

• "What is a reason you would want to work in the Cement department and not the Frac department?"   1 Answer