Halliburton Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.6

148 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Good. Basic Questions regarding teamwork, social skills, schooling, and past experience. A lot of emphasis on overcoming challenges, proving that you have overcome challenges with past experiences. Overall Average Difficulty

Interview Questions

• When Have you been challenged in a team setting.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lupton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Fort Lupton, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter through the school. The recruiter asked behavioural interview questions after which i was told to expect a second interview. For the second interview, flown out to Ft Lupton, Colorado. 2 day interview, first day, just going through the PSL's then dinner. Second day, go out to the field, get to see sone frac jobs in operation, see the cement lab then lunch, followed by an exit interview which consists of questions about what you saw during the second day.

Interview Questions

• whats the most important component in the frac fluid, the gel, the water or the proppant?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I had a positive experience. It was a phone interview and they asked technical questions. They looked through my resume and asked me about the projects that I had been involved with and told be to further explain them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. Asked behavioral questions and just talked about the role and training involved. Very laid back. I have the second interview in a few days which will be over Skype. I am interviewing for a position in north dakota. They were needing more personnel in the area at the time.

Interview Questions

• What was a good/bad decision you made recently?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

There was an in person interview with 2nd interview to follow later. It was a one on one interview where the recruiter asked questions from a pre set of questions from a packet.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lupton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Fort Lupton, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiter at my university. Voiced my interest in the position and was scheduled for a phone interview a couple of weeks later. Was able to pass the phone interview and was invited to their Fort Lupton, CO location for a two day interview process. They show you around the facility, and actually out to a drilling site the second day. I was there with 10 others from the CO area. The last portion of the day involved them going over resumes and asking some questions about what we learned over the previous two days. I was offered a position in ND, but declined.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit for Halliburton?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview was laid back and straightforward. Typical behavioral questions with the opportunity to skip one if I could not think of a relevant situation. Overall, the interview was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and a colleague did not get along and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton in March 2017.

Interview

Basic 5 behavioral questions with one icebreaker question at the beginning. Interviewed with the main field management guy and seemed like he just ran through his usual interviewing routine. As far as I know, close to 40 people were interviewed for this position and maybe 2-3 got the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Meet the at the school career fair and signed up for an interview. After almost a month later, they came back for interviews. The interviewers were people who worked in the field. A lot of situational/behavioral questions were asked such as naming a time you had to work with a difficult person. Just use the STAR format to answer the questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Currently still in the process. First round interview was over the phone. Typical "walk me through your resume", 5 behavior/personal questions to be answered in the form of [Situation/Example] -> [Actions you took] -> [Result/What you learned]

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a high pressure situation between you and a colleague, peer, or professor   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a recent complex problem you were asked to solve   Answer Question
    • What do you you when you don't know something?   Answer Question
    • Were you ever in a group where a decision was made that you didn't agree with or in a project that went in a direction you didn't like and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Was there any time a customer requested something reasonable? What did you do? (Customer, meaning like a teacher has a ridiculous assignment or something like that, not actual customer).   Answer Question