Halliburton Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Currently still in the process. First round interview was over the phone. Typical "walk me through your resume", 5 behavior/personal questions to be answered in the form of [Situation/Example] -> [Actions you took] -> [Result/What you learned]

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a high pressure situation between you and a colleague, peer, or professor   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a recent complex problem you were asked to solve   Answer Question
  • What do you you when you don't know something?   Answer Question
  • Were you ever in a group where a decision was made that you didn't agree with or in a project that went in a direction you didn't like and what did you do?   Answer Question
  • Was there any time a customer requested something reasonable? What did you do? (Customer, meaning like a teacher has a ridiculous assignment or something like that, not actual customer).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (New York, NY).

Interview

This was an on campus interview, where I was interviewed by 2 people. Then, there was a second interview about 1-2 weeks after the first interview. We toured a facility.. This took about 2 days. There was also a presentation on the first day which included a nice dinner in the evening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Easy interview. Talked with a guy for about 20 minutes. There were 5 interviewers and probably about 50 interviewees. They only ended up giving 2 offers- all offered to people who interviewed with the head recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The recruiter that interviewed me was great and very helpful. The type of questions asked were behavioral and meant to judge how I would handle certain situations and also what I knew about myself. The interview was very laid back and fun. I received a verbal offer the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (El Paso, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through University recruiting program. Interviewed on campus 2 weeks later. Interview was very standardized and most questions taken from a printed form. Interviewer was friendly and encouraged me to ask questions about the company, and he answered them honestly. 3 weeks later I received an invite for an online assessment, still waiting to hear back from them.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton in February 2016.

Interview

I got the interview from a school career fair. I interviewed at my university career center. The interview was closed door with one interviewer. He was a very easy-going kind of guy, and I was asked several behavioral type questions. After each question he gave me a break and we just chatted for a few minutes. At the end of the interview, I was told that I should hear back in a couple weeks.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Obtained an interview on campus. Then onsite visit with exit interview. The first interview is more behavioral based. The exit interview is to see what your thoughts of the onsite visit were and to see how interested you are in getting a position. I recommend paying attention to details given during the onsite visit and mentioning some of the specifics during the exit interview.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Was asked a serious of questions by someone who graduated a couple years before me. Interviewer seemed uninterested and not much of personality. Read straight off the paper and wrote down what I had to say, hope he interpreted my answers well.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation that seemed unachievable   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Golden, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a school interview. The interview was relaxed, mostly behavioral questions. The problem was this was when gas prices really started to drop and it really didn't seem like they were in the position to hire. They did end up hiring a few students just to let the go a few months later.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Fairly simple. it was a behavioral interview they predominantly asked me about my resume and basic questions about me. One person interviewed me and it lasted for about 30-45mins. The interviewee ensured that a comfort zone was established and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• 1. why do you think you're suitable for the role
      2. strength and weakness