Halliburton Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Field Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Halliburton

2.6

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Phone interview with 2 Engineers. Talked about the position then asked theoretical questions. Questions were difficult and they did not talk during this part. They also communicated with each other while muting themselves. Entry Level positions doesn't mean 0 year experience, Halliburton would like you to have some previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had a problem with a client needs and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton in October 2014.

Interview

Meet on campus for a 30 minute interview really nice guy that was optimistic towards my resume and told me he would send me through to the second round, but I guess I got cut in screening because I did not get the second interview. I had a 3.4 but they do not seem too concerned about GPA...

Interview Questions

• They want a lot of leadership experience so be prepared to have answer questions and talk about when you had to be a leader.
      How do you motivate people?
      Other than that just the typical interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (State College, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interveiw. The questions were very straight forward behavioral ones. Examples are tell us a time you went above and beyond expectations. Tell us the most difficult problem you have faced recently. Tell us your strengths and weaknesses. After that we just reviewed my resume. Overall pretty easy interveiw

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still in the phase

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Very unprofessional process, for the second round interview one of the interviewees that worked at Halliburton was a real jerk and because I did not pick his PSL he played on his phone the entire time I interviewed and was very unprofessional. Also when I said I wanted to move up to management after breaking out they chastised me and said that I needed to work in the field.

Interview Questions

• No tough questions, for first round interview all behavioral based. Second round was just about position you wanted to be placed in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (State College, PA).

Interview

Very thorough. They make sure they do their homework before they select you for an interview. Good grades are a must if you want to have any shot. During the interview they were very personable and asked a range of questions from relational to technical. Overall it was a very good an in depth interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had a confrontation with a superior.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Brighton, CO).

Interview

I was recently interviewed for the Field Engineer position in the Wireline and Perforation PSL in the Rockies Region.

Halliburton came to my university for an information session and on campus interviews. The on campus interviews were simple STAR questions with unexcited employees. After the interview, I was notified via email that I had been moved on to the second round and was asked my top location (region) and PSL choices. I was later offered a second round interview for my second PSL choice (wireline) and first location (Rockies).

With the offer came instructions for the interview, such as arrival time, method of transportation, etc. It wasn't until the day before my interview that I noted that there had been a mistake in my reservation. The email I received from HR instructed me to go to a location over an hour away from the Halliburton camp. Confused, I called HR and they informed me that a mistake had been made and they provided me with the correct hotel. I was thankful to have called them, or else I would have missed the interview due to their slip up.

The second round interview was rather unorganized as a whole. The first afternoon the other candidates and I (9 of us total) went to the camp and were given a presentation on the specifics of the PSL. We then went out to dinner and returned to the hotel with little information for the next day, besides the fact that we would be picked up at 6:30 and might go to a frack pad.

On the second day, we drove out to the frack pad after getting PPE from the camp. We arrived at the camp and looked at the wireline set up, though operations were down due to a malfunction. We left after about an hour and returned to the camp for interviews.

The interviews were again very straightforward. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. They ended up taking far longer than expected so I believe some candidates may have missed their flight out. Again, it was rather unorganized. I was driven back to the hotel after my interview, and headed home.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to fulfill a customer's request while dealing with other deadlines.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Halliburton did a recruitment event on the university campus. I submitted my resume online on the college career center website, submitted a survey, and went to an informational meeting that was scheduled the day before on-site interviews. I was contacted late evening the day before for an interview. After the interview, I was contacted about 3 weeks later to complete a survey detailing my job and location preferences and informed that I will be contacted for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a situation where you were working on a team and disagreed with one or more people on something?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I applied online from my university's career website. Halliburton provided an information session the night before the interview. The hiring process consists of two interviews. The first interview involves standard behavioral-type questions with an engineer in any of Halliburton's service sectors. The second interview involves interviewing with an engineer in the service sector you wish to be apart of.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when, as part of a team, you had conflicting ideas/opinions with another team member. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kilgore, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halliburton (Kilgore, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Long because there are multiple interviews. They ask typical questions. I had my first interview on campus. My second interview was in Kilgore, Texas. The interview in Kilgore was two days long.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Really positive and laid back interview. This was a great experience that gave a true and honest insight into the work as a Field Engineer with Halliburton. Overall a great interview process. I was impressed by how personal the interview felt.