Halliburton Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.6

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I had a positive experience. It was a phone interview and they asked technical questions. They looked through my resume and asked me about the projects that I had been involved with and told be to further explain them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. Asked behavioral questions and just talked about the role and training involved. Very laid back. I have the second interview in a few days which will be over Skype. I am interviewing for a position in north dakota. They were needing more personnel in the area at the time.

Interview Questions

• What was a good/bad decision you made recently?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

There was an in person interview with 2nd interview to follow later. It was a one on one interview where the recruiter asked questions from a pre set of questions from a packet.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview was laid back and straightforward. Typical behavioral questions with the opportunity to skip one if I could not think of a relevant situation. Overall, the interview was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and a colleague did not get along and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton in March 2017.

Interview

Basic 5 behavioral questions with one icebreaker question at the beginning. Interviewed with the main field management guy and seemed like he just ran through his usual interviewing routine. As far as I know, close to 40 people were interviewed for this position and maybe 2-3 got the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Meet the at the school career fair and signed up for an interview. After almost a month later, they came back for interviews. The interviewers were people who worked in the field. A lot of situational/behavioral questions were asked such as naming a time you had to work with a difficult person. Just use the STAR format to answer the questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Currently still in the process. First round interview was over the phone. Typical "walk me through your resume", 5 behavior/personal questions to be answered in the form of [Situation/Example] -> [Actions you took] -> [Result/What you learned]

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a high pressure situation between you and a colleague, peer, or professor   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a recent complex problem you were asked to solve   Answer Question
    • What do you you when you don't know something?   Answer Question
    • Were you ever in a group where a decision was made that you didn't agree with or in a project that went in a direction you didn't like and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Was there any time a customer requested something reasonable? What did you do? (Customer, meaning like a teacher has a ridiculous assignment or something like that, not actual customer).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (New York, NY).

Interview

This was an on campus interview, where I was interviewed by 2 people. Then, there was a second interview about 1-2 weeks after the first interview. We toured a facility.. This took about 2 days. There was also a presentation on the first day which included a nice dinner in the evening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Easy interview. Talked with a guy for about 20 minutes. There were 5 interviewers and probably about 50 interviewees. They only ended up giving 2 offers- all offered to people who interviewed with the head recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The recruiter that interviewed me was great and very helpful. The type of questions asked were behavioral and meant to judge how I would handle certain situations and also what I knew about myself. The interview was very laid back and fun. I received a verbal offer the next day.