Halliburton Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.7

Senior Technical Advisor - Wireline and Proferation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within an hour I had a response from HR to setup a pre-screen. After the pre-screen I had a phone interview 2 days later. The opportunity was awesome and sounded right up my alley of what I current did. The positions was put on hold for 2 months due to the oil crash. Then it was opened again. Went to the campus did a Panel interview and did a presentation on my background and technical skills as they can help the company. Then had 4 face to face interviews.
    Overall the team was awesome and really knowledgeable and had a passion to work! I had never seen such good chemistry just in the interview with the group.

Unfortunately since oil prices were still low, when the hiring manager went to his boss for a signature to bring me on, he was rejected. It was unfortunate, but it will not stop me from pursuing them again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Here is a schematic tell me (technical issues and circuit analaysis)
      What do you do to manage teams?
      How do you do Earn Value Management?
      Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had my first roynd interview with a recruiter I met in the airport, by chance. She sent me for the second round interview about 2 weeks later. Then, I interviewed with three people, at three different times, over the course of a day. There was an information session during the first half of the day so we could learn more about the company. After that we had lunch and then the interview process.

Principal Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

HR. email schedule phone screen with a group then in person...
    The interviewer was rude and the question was not clear. It is hard to understand what are they asking. There was a language barrier.

Interview Questions

• C++
      1. Different between shallow copy and deep copy
      2. Pointer of pointer object
      3. How many byte does an integer type take on a 32 bits?
      C#
      1. Generic collection performance
      2. Boxing and Unboxing
      3. Different between interface and abstract
      4. Explain how to accomplish A class call B and C class
      5. OOP concepts
      WPF
      1. What is dependency object?
      2. Explain binding
      3. Object modeling
      Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX).

Interview

The whole process is very easy. First phone screen and second round is on campus interview. Most of questions are based on your resume and are very basic concept questions

Interview Questions

• what is the Real time system, OOP, semaphore? what is the most import thing when develop a FPGA program? some basic circuit design questions based on resume.   Answer Question

Landmark Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

There are two rounds for this internship position:
    1. Campus interview with standard behavioral questions. Total five questions.
    2. Technical interviews at Landmark. Technical questions about your research, your ability, etc. Three section in total, each lasting half an hour. One or two interviews for each section from different department in Landmark.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions and technical questions.   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

campus application, then wait for a long time to get a phone interview, about one month after the phone interview, I got an email saying I will have an office visit, two managers interviewed me together for about 1 hr. They did not really ask any question, but instead they just explain what the program really is

Category Manager - Travel and Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

HR Advisor emailed me based on my LinkedIn profile (Was a passive candidate as I am currently employed and not looking for employment.) Met with the Hiring Manager (HM) and other stake holders. Initially, everyone appeared to be nice and I had some great discussions. Overall culture appeared to be a fit. 1st red flag, however, was when HM asked me about personal things (family) during the 1st interview, which I told him was illegal. Entire process took 2.5 months - which seemed WAY too long. 2nd red glad was when HM set up an appointment to give me an offer and was a "no show" and I didn't hear back for 1.5 business days. Finally they gave me a verbal offer and discontinued talks after HM told me I was not being transparent (I refused to provide him current compensation at my company, but was willing to provide a range).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current org chart; Tell me about what strategy means to you; tell me about how you got into a confrontational situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

I based my decision on the red flags I perceived during the interview process and how I was treated by the Hiring Manager during the interviews and follow up discussions.

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The main lobby was warm. The AC couldn't keep up while I waited an extra 20 minutes for my interview. As soon as the interview started, I felt like I was in trouble. I was sent here by a recruiter to fill a temp position. I understood it to be entry level for a new graduate. However the interviewer wanted someone who had experience with pre-credits, SAP, and actually working in the general ledger. I don't have that experience yet, so after fumbling through an answer, I admitted that I expected to gain that experience through this position, not already have it.

Interview Questions

• If you had a pre-payment of $3000 for 3 years, how would you handle it on a monthly basis?   1 Answer

Drilling Fluids Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview
    Asked to explain who i am and what i have accomplished
    Asked about different languages i speak and if i have work authorization
    Very casual, the phone quality was bad though and it was hard to hear what the interviewer was trying to say.
    Make sure you read a little about the job before the interview

Technology Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on campus. Resumes are forwarded to the hiring managers at Landmark. Got interview calls from multiple managers. They invited me to their office in Houston for an interview. Questions are based primarily on the resume and they will explain the project they have and see how your skills fit to their requirement.

Interview Questions

• Resume, projects, internships   1 Answer