Halliburton Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Champaign, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

At my school. Half hour interview with an engineer. Only behavioral questions were asked. He made me feel very comfortable and gave me very good feedback. I was emailed to set up an interview on campus and also asked if I would be able to do a co-op.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about how you would handle different situations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Set up interview with career center. Interviewed a week later. Very hard and unique behavioral questions which I barely managed to scrape through. The interviewers were very serious, getting straight to the point. Overall, not an impressive experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a deadline that was change. How did you manage that process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

They asked a total of three behavioral questions to see how you would fare in the work place and about two questions about technical concepts that you should know if you are applying to be in research and development.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Blacksburg, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

At first, I was interviewed at the university campus. It was more like a technical interview. Interviewer asked me about my projects and then some questions about the power converters. After couple of weeks I got an email to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. In the phone interview, I was asked about my previous projects and my knowhow about DC-DC converters. It was an okay interview.

Interview Questions

• How to measure the loop gain of the DC-DC converter with a voltage mode control?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halliburton (College Station, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Met the recruiter during my local career fair. They were nice/welcoming and explained the type of roles I would be able to apply for with my skill set. They took up a resume and got a email back from a recruiter within a couple of days. I had an interview on campus a couple days later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I had an interview on Campus after submitting a resume and cover letter to Career Services and attending an informational presentation. Also had to fill out an online application with the company. My interviewer was a young guy who didn't seem very enthused to be there (it was also 8 am) so the interview went by very quickly. He scribbled down my answers on a "cheat sheet" of questions and moved on without probing further. They said that I would hear back in two weeks either way, but I never got any response from the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Halliburton in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. The interviewer was nice and courteous, knew what he was talking about. He talked to me about the company and the position, also talked about his job in the company.They mainly asked behavior questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to work with a diverse group of people of different backgrounds and how did you work together?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

One day of interview with 5 different managers, with all sort of questions.
    Technical questions and behavior as well.
    You spend the whole day interviewing and then the managers choose who they want.
    Be prepare for a long day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

The first round of the interviews consisted of four situations/behavioral questions. The interviewer will go through a packet and take notes on your response based on the STAR analysis. (Situation, Task, Action, Result). My interviewer was very nice and would prompt me for more details if she felt that I did not elaborate enough.

Interview Questions

• All the behavioral questions are pretty standard. (ie. Talk about a situation where you had to resolve a conflict)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Class was told that a representative from halliburton was coming down to interview for intern spots. During the interview was ask many Ohms and component questions, was also asked if i knew anything about the company.

Interview Questions

• It is important to really read the interviewing tips on their website for interns.   Answer Question