Halliburton Field Engineer - Wireline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.3

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pauls Valley, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Pauls Valley, OK).

Interview

Applied online, then a phone interview, then a site interview at one of the wireline shops. Not very difficult at all. But then again, it was for a field job in a mid western state.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Field Engineer - Wireline Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton in September 2014.

Interview

Had the 1st interview (September) on campus then was selected for a 2nd interview but wasn't for the PSL what I original wanted. Accepted the interview but it was scheduled months later (December) for on-site interview in Oklahoma. Overall the recruiting staff was Great, prompt emails and they answered all questions swiftly.

Interview Questions

• Honestly the interviewers expect you to all the majority of the questions. They give you all the details of the job such as how hard the job is and they want you to know what you are potentially signing up for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Consisted of initial phone interview then a group interview in Denver, CO where you learned about the industry and the job while also going to a wellsite. Took some time, around 3 months between initial phone interview and offer date. Basically if you are semi-confident and willing to work very long days you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Would you mind working 100 plus hour weeks?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. One offer that was universal for all new field engineers in training regardless of location.

Field Engineer - Wireline Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

As you may have read already from other comments, the two day interview process is very laid back. Meet-and-greet, presentation, and dinner on the first day and field or shop visit, lunch, and out-interview on the second day. What I came to find out from the region I went for (Northeast) is that they do almost everything the same I expected from reading glassdoor comments about field engineer interview process, but the out-interview a bit different. It was 45-60 minutes long instead of the 15 minutes I thought it would be. The interviewer made all the same behavioral questions from the first interview I had on campus, he asked technical questions related to my field of engineering and also about the presentations and shop visit, and gave me a short written exam with electrical and mechanical problems to solve with out a calculator. The technical questions were very basic (i.e. difference between pump and motor, standard household voltage/freq, what does bentonite clay do when drilling). The written exam had a problem of solving for total resistance of a simple circuit, one of hydrostatic pressure, one of step-up transformers, and one wireline problem about calculating the voltage needed to power a tool down the hole at certain distance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Halliburton (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I had an on-campus interview for Halliburtons' field engineer position, and had a second follow-up in Oklahoma City for Wireline and Perforating.

The second interview was pretty standard--there were about 7 of us, and we spent a day touring the Halliburton offices and drove out to a distribution center. The actual interview process was pretty typical, although one question was in regards to engineering, albeit an easy one.

Interview Questions

• If x amount of weight was applied to a cable with a cutoff of xx weight, how much force would a motor have to produce to cut-off the cable?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2011.

Interview

One phone interview. we just talked about the job and my experiences, they wanted to see if I was willing to work a pretty hard/awkward schedule, then the onsite interview was with 5 or 6 other potential candidates. It was pretty informal, we took a trip to the wireline shop and we were asked technical questions in the car. Overall, it wasn't very high pressure.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a very tough schedule?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

Went to a meeting and dinner on the first night. Second day consisted of a visit to a well site and the final interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

What I expected. But when we went to the field to view the equipment, the equipment no working.

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole cover round?   1 Answer

Field Engineer - Wireline Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Cairo (Egypt)).

Interview

it started with a written exam in march 2014, basic English and IQ, then they called me back in august to retake the exams along with WPS segment exams. then contacted me a month later the night of the interview for an hr interview. the interview was very easy but the interviewer was really rude and condescending. then called me back again two months later again the night before the interview for a technical interview with the technical manager in Egypt. it was very easy and the interviewer attitude was descent. and i am still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• there was not any difficult question. yet, in the HR interview the interviewer seemed really uninterested and refused to answer any of my questions. very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dammam (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Halliburton (Dammam (Saudi Arabia)) in October 2014.

Interview

before you become eligible for the job interview you have to take an entrance quiz which contain math, Physics, Geology, Electrical problems to test you knowledge. Then, they made me to wait for about one hour before i start my interview with BSM, when I entered his room he was very quiet person, he greeted me and then asked me to introduce my self.