Halliburton Operator Assistant I - Cementing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Operator Assistant I - Cementing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton (Zanesville, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied for entry-level Frac and Cementing positions in various locations online using the Halliburton website. I think I applied for about 10 openings over a 2 month period. A Halliburton recruiter finally contacted me to set up an in-person interview for Entry Level Cementing position

Showed up at county job center for the interview. It was a "mass" process. They had 10 or more people they were interviewing, with two Halliburton managers conducting one-on-one interviews. Felt a little bit like cattle moving through the process.

The interview lasted about 10 minutes. Briefly asked me what I knew about Halliburton, oil fields and cementing (all of this info can be found on Halliburton website). Then the rest of the conversation was about the long hours - 100 hours/wk, the potential to transfer to any desired location after 6 months, and the interviewer talked about his experience in Halliburton. He didn't discuss my work experience at all. I was offered the position on the spot. I later found out that my interviewer would be my manager.

I was then given a welcome packet with benefits information and a training schedule and told to complete some documents on Halliburton.com website. I was told someone from HR would contact me about setting up background check, drug testing and physical exam.

I was given a start day and told that I would be gone for two weeks for orientation and training, and I would be responsible to get there (3hrs away) on my own dime. 5 days before my start date HR contacts me and asks if I've gotten my CDL permit. Not a SINGLE word was mentioned about me getting a permit. She told me I had to get the permit BEFORE I could even start. It took me 3 weeks and 5 attempts to get my permit (it's the written test only). I was supposed to start beginning of January - ended up starting end of January.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. Just be sure you have general knowledge about Halliburton and the area of work you are applying for (ex: cementing, fracking, coil tubing, etc.)

They DID NOT let me know the requirement to have a CDL permit. In your best interest to get one if you are thinking about applying.   Answer Question

Negotiation

He asked me what salary I wanted. I requested $16/hr. He said $14.50. I asked for $15/hr. He said $14.50. Not sure why he asked when he already knew what he wanted to pay me. He told me I had to live within 1hr drive-time of the facility. I asked if they would pay for moving costs, and they would not. He said after 6 months employment if I decide to transfer somewhere else Halliburton would cover cost.