Halliburton Field Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.5

231 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Good. Basic Questions regarding teamwork, social skills, schooling, and past experience. A lot of emphasis on overcoming challenges, proving that you have overcome challenges with past experiences. Overall Average Difficulty

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I had a positive experience. It was a phone interview and they asked technical questions. They looked through my resume and asked me about the projects that I had been involved with and told be to further explain them.

Field Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I was emailed one week ahead to schedule the interview. It was a phone interview with 3 different mangers on the line. The managers were asking questions only based on past experience that were on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw a co-worker not following working guidelines and putting themselves in danger.   Answer Question

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in Austin, TX for first round of interviews during the university recruiting phase in February 2017. Passed to the next round, contingent on passing an aptitude test that weeds out unqualified applicants before the second round. Interviewed in Odessa, TX in June 2017 for three different product service lines (production enhancement, cementing, and completion tools). Went out to socialize with the interviewers and interviewees the first day and then given a tour of the yard the next day, went to lunch, given an overview of positions, pay and benefits, and an exit interview. Got called back the next day with an offer. Great process and great time interviewing in Odessa. Just be friendly, be sociable, do your research, pay attention, ask questions, and enjoy the experience.

Interview Questions

• Which PSL would you like to work for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. Asked behavioral questions and just talked about the role and training involved. Very laid back. I have the second interview in a few days which will be over Skype. I am interviewing for a position in north dakota. They were needing more personnel in the area at the time.

Interview Questions

• What was a good/bad decision you made recently?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

There was an in person interview with 2nd interview to follow later. It was a one on one interview where the recruiter asked questions from a pre set of questions from a packet.

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus. For the second round, we went as a group on-site. It was an overnight stay that included a social event, a tour of the facilities, and an interview. It was a good overall experience.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lupton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Fort Lupton, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiter at my university. Voiced my interest in the position and was scheduled for a phone interview a couple of weeks later. Was able to pass the phone interview and was invited to their Fort Lupton, CO location for a two day interview process. They show you around the facility, and actually out to a drilling site the second day. I was there with 10 others from the CO area. The last portion of the day involved them going over resumes and asking some questions about what we learned over the previous two days. I was offered a position in ND, but declined.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit for Halliburton?   Answer Question

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pauls Valley, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Pauls Valley, OK).

Interview

Applied online, then a phone interview, then a site interview at one of the wireline shops. Not very difficult at all. But then again, it was for a field job in a mid western state.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview was laid back and straightforward. Typical behavioral questions with the opportunity to skip one if I could not think of a relevant situation. Overall, the interview was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and a colleague did not get along and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question