Halliburton Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.5

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I had a positive experience. It was a phone interview and they asked technical questions. They looked through my resume and asked me about the projects that I had been involved with and told be to further explain them.

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in Austin, TX for first round of interviews during the university recruiting phase in February 2017. Passed to the next round, contingent on passing an aptitude test that weeds out unqualified applicants before the second round. Interviewed in Odessa, TX in June 2017 for three different product service lines (production enhancement, cementing, and completion tools). Went out to socialize with the interviewers and interviewees the first day and then given a tour of the yard the next day, went to lunch, given an overview of positions, pay and benefits, and an exit interview. Got called back the next day with an offer. Great process and great time interviewing in Odessa. Just be friendly, be sociable, do your research, pay attention, ask questions, and enjoy the experience.

Interview Questions

• Which PSL would you like to work for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. Asked behavioral questions and just talked about the role and training involved. Very laid back. I have the second interview in a few days which will be over Skype. I am interviewing for a position in north dakota. They were needing more personnel in the area at the time.

Interview Questions

• What was a good/bad decision you made recently?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

There was an in person interview with 2nd interview to follow later. It was a one on one interview where the recruiter asked questions from a pre set of questions from a packet.

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus. For the second round, we went as a group on-site. It was an overnight stay that included a social event, a tour of the facilities, and an interview. It was a good overall experience.

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pauls Valley, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Pauls Valley, OK).

Interview

Applied online, then a phone interview, then a site interview at one of the wireline shops. Not very difficult at all. But then again, it was for a field job in a mid western state.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview was laid back and straightforward. Typical behavioral questions with the opportunity to skip one if I could not think of a relevant situation. Overall, the interview was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and a colleague did not get along and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton in March 2017.

Interview

Basic 5 behavioral questions with one icebreaker question at the beginning. Interviewed with the main field management guy and seemed like he just ran through his usual interviewing routine. As far as I know, close to 40 people were interviewed for this position and maybe 2-3 got the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Meet the at the school career fair and signed up for an interview. After almost a month later, they came back for interviews. The interviewers were people who worked in the field. A lot of situational/behavioral questions were asked such as naming a time you had to work with a difficult person. Just use the STAR format to answer the questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Currently still in the process. First round interview was over the phone. Typical "walk me through your resume", 5 behavior/personal questions to be answered in the form of [Situation/Example] -> [Actions you took] -> [Result/What you learned]

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a high pressure situation between you and a colleague, peer, or professor   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a recent complex problem you were asked to solve   Answer Question
    • What do you you when you don't know something?   Answer Question
    • Were you ever in a group where a decision was made that you didn't agree with or in a project that went in a direction you didn't like and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Was there any time a customer requested something reasonable? What did you do? (Customer, meaning like a teacher has a ridiculous assignment or something like that, not actual customer).   Answer Question