Halliburton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. Asked behavioral questions and just talked about the role and training involved. Very laid back. I have the second interview in a few days which will be over Skype. I am interviewing for a position in north dakota. They were needing more personnel in the area at the time.

Interview Questions

• What was a good/bad decision you made recently?   1 Answer

Electronic Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Simple and friendly. The Supervisor was nice, asked basic questions to determine my skills and experience. Showed me around the mobile equipment i would work on. Pay was negotiated. Asked when available to start.

Interview Questions

• how you got to know about the company and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple and straight.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Magnet Cove, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton (Magnet Cove, AR) in May 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview. Since my resume spoke for itself I believe the hiring manager was worried more about personality and if I would fit in with the rest of his team.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience with different programs used.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Applied online through my university and interviewed on-campus for an internship position. Very standard, generic behavioral interview. Interviewer asked for answers to be in the STAR format. About 30 minutes.

Electrical/Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX).

Interview

2 panel interview, who were 30 minutes late. They just did a Q/A about my skills. They had told me from reading my resume that I wasn't fit for the job. So, why bring me into an interview if the resume already nixed me.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you do when you start your shift.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

There was an in person interview with 2nd interview to follow later. It was a one on one interview where the recruiter asked questions from a pre set of questions from a packet.

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus. For the second round, we went as a group on-site. It was an overnight stay that included a social event, a tour of the facilities, and an interview. It was a good overall experience.

Frac/Acid Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Shreveport, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

Laid back interview process. Met on site, went back to the head operators office, was asked simple questions about work experience, previous work environment, if I knew what the job requirements were, am I able to complete the work in hot conditions, ect. Also asked what I knew about fracking and the rig up process.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lupton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Fort Lupton, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiter at my university. Voiced my interest in the position and was scheduled for a phone interview a couple of weeks later. Was able to pass the phone interview and was invited to their Fort Lupton, CO location for a two day interview process. They show you around the facility, and actually out to a drilling site the second day. I was there with 10 others from the CO area. The last portion of the day involved them going over resumes and asking some questions about what we learned over the previous two days. I was offered a position in ND, but declined.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit for Halliburton?   Answer Question

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pauls Valley, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Pauls Valley, OK).

Interview

Applied online, then a phone interview, then a site interview at one of the wireline shops. Not very difficult at all. But then again, it was for a field job in a mid western state.