Halliburton Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (New York, NY).

Interview

This was an on campus interview, where I was interviewed by 2 people. Then, there was a second interview about 1-2 weeks after the first interview. We toured a facility.. This took about 2 days. There was also a presentation on the first day which included a nice dinner in the evening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Easy interview. Talked with a guy for about 20 minutes. There were 5 interviewers and probably about 50 interviewees. They only ended up giving 2 offers- all offered to people who interviewed with the head recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The recruiter that interviewed me was great and very helpful. The type of questions asked were behavioral and meant to judge how I would handle certain situations and also what I knew about myself. The interview was very laid back and fun. I received a verbal offer the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Lafayette, LA).

Interview

The interview was barely even a conversation. They needed people badly. I was called into the room with three supervisors and they hardly asked any questions for most of the interview. It was a couple hours of basically describing the job to me and talking about safety, then a short tour of the facility with a future co-worker.

Interview Questions

• If you become too tired to drive while travelling to a job, what do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (El Paso, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through University recruiting program. Interviewed on campus 2 weeks later. Interview was very standardized and most questions taken from a printed form. Interviewer was friendly and encouraged me to ask questions about the company, and he answered them honestly. 3 weeks later I received an invite for an online assessment, still waiting to hear back from them.

MWD Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Phone interview with MWD coordinator. A few days later setup an in person interview after passing the first screening process. In person interview was informal, mostly interested in previous oil and gas field work experience. Emphasis on handling safety issues in the field and willingness to work in the field.

Interview Questions

• How to handle various safety related issues in the field.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton in February 2016.

Interview

I got the interview from a school career fair. I interviewed at my university career center. The interview was closed door with one interviewer. He was a very easy-going kind of guy, and I was asked several behavioral type questions. After each question he gave me a break and we just chatted for a few minutes. At the end of the interview, I was told that I should hear back in a couple weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Broussard, LA).

Interview

Initially received and email for the interview. It was a group interview. Questions came from multiple parties at the same time about various subjects. Work Experience educational background, interest and hobbies. Afterwards the group went to lunch for additional discussion.

Interview Questions

• Any experience repairing or maintaining equipment, Customer service examples   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

On campus interview facilitated by campus employment services. After initial interview I was invited to participate in an on-site interview at facility outside of Denver. On-site interview consisted of dinner, facility tours, and then a rigorous, team-based problem solving session.

Interview Questions

• Where within a vertical well would pressures be the greatest?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Obtained an interview on campus. Then onsite visit with exit interview. The first interview is more behavioral based. The exit interview is to see what your thoughts of the onsite visit were and to see how interested you are in getting a position. I recommend paying attention to details given during the onsite visit and mentioning some of the specifics during the exit interview.