Halliburton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Electronics Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Reno, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (El Reno, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Very laid back but you are gonna be there for a while frist you sit and wait in the front office then the manager will come out and meet you then you have the tour of the facility and all the shops in the yard after that it's a normal interview typical questions a lot of computer questions

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a computer network   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Set up interview with career center. Interviewed a week later. Very hard and unique behavioral questions which I barely managed to scrape through. The interviewers were very serious, getting straight to the point. Overall, not an impressive experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a deadline that was change. How did you manage that process?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Info session the night before with standard behavioral based interview the next day. I skipped a major family event to attend the info session the night before the interview, and then interviewed the following day. It was a 45 minute behavioral interview, with standard questions. Despite having industry experience they opted for a classmate with little work experience. Additionally, they didn't even call me to tell me that I didn't get the internship. Seriously, missing a major family event to jump through your hoops, sitting through your interview, sending follow up emails, and you don't even call the people you didn't hire after an interview? Got a much better offer from a much better company. Seriously, what HR professional wants to work for an employer whose HR department doesn't even respond to people they interviewed? That's just basic courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Currently still in the process. First round interview was over the phone. Typical "walk me through your resume", 5 behavior/personal questions to be answered in the form of [Situation/Example] -> [Actions you took] -> [Result/What you learned]

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a high pressure situation between you and a colleague, peer, or professor   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a recent complex problem you were asked to solve   Answer Question
    • What do you you when you don't know something?   Answer Question
    • Were you ever in a group where a decision was made that you didn't agree with or in a project that went in a direction you didn't like and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Was there any time a customer requested something reasonable? What did you do? (Customer, meaning like a teacher has a ridiculous assignment or something like that, not actual customer).   Answer Question

Operator Assistant - Frac/Acid Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Reno, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halliburton (El Reno, OK) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Halliburton jobs website and received a phone call about a week later requesting an interview. The next day I interviewed with the office supervisor for approximately 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Halliburton?   1 Answer

Business Development Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

On campus interview then final round interview at headquarters. The superday consists of about five candidates. It was a good experience, they treat you well. The superday has a dinner the night before, then interviews and a tour of the campus the next morning. Mainly recruit from southern schools.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (New York, NY).

Interview

This was an on campus interview, where I was interviewed by 2 people. Then, there was a second interview about 1-2 weeks after the first interview. We toured a facility.. This took about 2 days. There was also a presentation on the first day which included a nice dinner in the evening.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter after applying online. Took a few days to set up the process. However, after that process was straightforward. First phone interview. then in person. Was interviewed by manager and the person who would be the immediate supervisor.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked for the position. Very traditional interview questions, nothing behavioral.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavior questions and basic technical questions. Technical questions are really easy to answer, such as OOP questions and some easy algorithms. Total about 45 minutes. The interviewer looked pretty tired... ...

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kilgore, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Kilgore, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke to a Halliburton representative at the University of Texas engineering career fair. I applied online through our career center. Was offered a first round interview. After getting passed to the next phase, I was given an aptitude/personality test to take. After that I was given a choice of 3 PSLs (Production Enhancement, Completion Tools, and Cementing) and 3 locations to choose from (San Antonio, Kilgore, Odessa). 2nd interview was set for Kilgore, TX and was for a production enhancement position. Toured the yard to look at equipment and was shown some of the labs, but no site visit. Had an exit interview, mainly dealing with your interest in the company and asking some questions about desired position and location, no salary talk or anything like that and no difficult questions. GREAT EXPERIENCE. Waiting to hear back about an offer, they said 2-3 weeks and that they would deal with December grads first.