Halliburton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.6

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Waco, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Opened with asking what I knew about the company. Then moved to talking about myself, my experiences, and they asked a few questions about my resume. There was a brief behavioral section where they asked questions regarding decisions, teamwork, and other life experiences. The end was asking if I had any questions. Pretty chill and standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision fast. Tell me when this went well and when it went poorly.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Easy interview. Talked with a guy for about 20 minutes. There were 5 interviewers and probably about 50 interviewees. They only ended up giving 2 offers- all offered to people who interviewed with the head recruiter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

The interview process was great with the hiring manager that I worked with. I was asked some behavioral questions. I was given a tour of the shop and some of the equipment. He explained some details of the position to me. We discussed the industry.

Interview Questions

• After discussing the job description, I was ask if I thought that I could do the job.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The recruiter that interviewed me was great and very helpful. The type of questions asked were behavioral and meant to judge how I would handle certain situations and also what I knew about myself. The interview was very laid back and fun. I received a verbal offer the next day.

MWD Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Lafayette, LA).

Interview

The interview was barely even a conversation. They needed people badly. I was called into the room with three supervisors and they hardly asked any questions for most of the interview. It was a couple hours of basically describing the job to me and talking about safety, then a short tour of the facility with a future co-worker.

Interview Questions

• If you become too tired to drive while travelling to a job, what do you do?   1 Answer

Field Drilling Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was straight forward with typical questions about previous experience, competency, job scope and readiness for the role. The various drilling profiles and how to coordinate with the client in the local district was also discussed. Questions about drilling profiles executed in the past and what tooling was involved was also discussed.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects have you been involved in previously and what major challenges did you undertake? What learning points did you get?   Answer Question

Operator Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Applied multiple times throughout the year received a call asking was I still interested in the position of course i was still interested it's Halliburton, my interview process was Via email and Phone calls

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Interview was very good. Was interviewed by I,T Manager and 2 Software Architects. They initially focused on my prior experience then proceeded with some technical questions and also reviewed upcoming project that I could be working on and the issues currently being faced in the project.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions, management / leadership questions   Answer Question

Senior Technical Advisor - Wireline and Proferation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within an hour I had a response from HR to setup a pre-screen. After the pre-screen I had a phone interview 2 days later. The opportunity was awesome and sounded right up my alley of what I current did. The positions was put on hold for 2 months due to the oil crash. Then it was opened again. Went to the campus did a Panel interview and did a presentation on my background and technical skills as they can help the company. Then had 4 face to face interviews.
    Overall the team was awesome and really knowledgeable and had a passion to work! I had never seen such good chemistry just in the interview with the group.

Unfortunately since oil prices were still low, when the hiring manager went to his boss for a signature to bring me on, he was rejected. It was unfortunate, but it will not stop me from pursuing them again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Here is a schematic tell me (technical issues and circuit analaysis)
      What do you do to manage teams?
      How do you do Earn Value Management?
      Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Brighton, CO).

Interview

It took FOREVER. I kid you not, it was over 9 months from application to offer. I submitted an application through my university, then I had a ~30 min interview on campus, then I had an in person interview, then waited 3+ months for an offer. It was ridiculous.

The in-person interview was a 2 day process. This was actually good, because it gave you an idea of how long the days are, and you also got to see a drilling rig or frac site and check out what it all looked like.

Interview Questions

• Name the equipment you saw today and its purpose. Why do you want this job? If you were offered a cement job in Vernal, or a coil job in Brighton, which would you choose? Give me an example of when you had to work with someone difficult in order to solve a project?   1 Answer