Halliburton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.6

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duncan, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Duncan, OK).

Interview

Met with 2 drafting supervisors. They asked basic questions about drafting to make sure I knew basic drafting standards. Then I spend an hour or so with one of the main designers and asked him questions about his work. This was just to see what he thought about me. About 2 days later they offered the job to me.

Interview Questions

• The main question I remember was "Do you know what an eccentric reducer is?".   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. They asked me about the companies history, why i was a strong fit and what i would do to help hal exceed. I was in a panel interview and met with my immediate boss, HR, and the Director

Interview Questions

• How my past experience would help them achieve their goals   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I was already a contractor there, so the interview was basically walking to the other department's manager's office one day. Nothing formal. Very insider. They "Posted the job externally for 24 hours because they had to for me to apply." There was no interest in accepting applications. Very back-doorsy. Good for me, but I felt like I cheated the system. The place really is "who you know". They also like to point to their nepotism clause if they don't like you and your spouse wants to apply.

MWD Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Broussard, LA).

Interview

Initially received and email for the interview. It was a group interview. Questions came from multiple parties at the same time about various subjects. Work Experience educational background, interest and hobbies. Afterwards the group went to lunch for additional discussion.

Interview Questions

• Any experience repairing or maintaining equipment, Customer service examples   1 Answer

Principal Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

HR. email schedule phone screen with a group then in person...
    The interviewer was rude and the question was not clear. It is hard to understand what are they asking. There was a language barrier.

Interview Questions

• C++
      1. Different between shallow copy and deep copy
      2. Pointer of pointer object
      3. How many byte does an integer type take on a 32 bits?
      C#
      1. Generic collection performance
      2. Boxing and Unboxing
      3. Different between interface and abstract
      4. Explain how to accomplish A class call B and C class
      5. OOP concepts
      WPF
      1. What is dependency object?
      2. Explain binding
      3. Object modeling
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Blacksburg, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

At first, I was interviewed at the university campus. It was more like a technical interview. Interviewer asked me about my projects and then some questions about the power converters. After couple of weeks I got an email to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. In the phone interview, I was asked about my previous projects and my knowhow about DC-DC converters. It was an okay interview.

Interview Questions

• How to measure the loop gain of the DC-DC converter with a voltage mode control?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Obtained an interview on campus. Then onsite visit with exit interview. The first interview is more behavioral based. The exit interview is to see what your thoughts of the onsite visit were and to see how interested you are in getting a position. I recommend paying attention to details given during the onsite visit and mentioning some of the specifics during the exit interview.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX).

Interview

The whole process is very easy. First phone screen and second round is on campus interview. Most of questions are based on your resume and are very basic concept questions

Interview Questions

• what is the Real time system, OOP, semaphore? what is the most import thing when develop a FPGA program? some basic circuit design questions based on resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halliburton (College Station, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Met the recruiter during my local career fair. They were nice/welcoming and explained the type of roles I would be able to apply for with my skill set. They took up a resume and got a email back from a recruiter within a couple of days. I had an interview on campus a couple days later.

R&D Summer 2016 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (West Lafayette, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

I was selected for a first round of interview which was held at my University campus. There were going to be further rounds, how many that I don't know since I got rejected after the first round itself. The interview I gave was behavioral and not so tough. After the interview they said they will get back to me in a month but it took them 2 months to reply me with a reject!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time the customer was not satisfied with your work? How did you manage to fix it?   1 Answer