Halliburton MWD Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton MWD Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone call to come for interview I took the interview and about three weeks after got a job offer to start training. Training was all in house took aprox 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience that makes u fit for this job   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation all pay was a set rate

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online after seeing the opportunity at a career fair. The recruiters sold me on the opportunity to travel parts of the country with the ability to switch to other parts of the country/world after a year. Contacted by a recruiter a few weeks after to go in for an interview. Interview consisted of 10+ candidates and about 4-6 interviewers. A group tour of the facilities and Q/A session. Process was straight forward, as they were interested in your school work and any/all past work experience. Work with hand tools seemed to be just as important as being able to operate a computer. Having people skills/ability to adapt to high pressure situations was also stressed as being an important characteristic of an individual that will succeed.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with any hand tools or electrical equipment?   1 Answer
    • How willing are you to travel and be away from your friends and family?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation unless you have previous experience in the oil field, especially with being an MWD previously. Salary and "Day Rates" are set in stone but subject to change. Raises are determined by individual effort and are knowledge/experience based. The faster you want to learn, the faster you are able to be promoted. I suggest that you consider other options before you say yes. You will be traveling 100% of the time and possibly away from home for months on end. Is the experience worth it? Yes. Will you be compensated well? Yes. What it breaks down is how much you are willing to learn and in how much time. The more you put into this the faster you will get out of it.

MWD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stavanger (Norway)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Stavanger (Norway)) in April 2011.

Interview

After attending a company presentation i applied to the position. Was called for a intervju 2 weeks later. They payed my fligh ticket expenses etc. I got a case regarding lostic challanges. A very general case which my education had no direct relation to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

the salery is governed by the UNION in norway, so they dont have much to work with, maybe not starting as a trainee salary and thats it.

MWD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nisku, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Nisku, AB (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

One on one interview where the employer asked for my resume .told me about the job position and showed me the working environment . Interviewer asked if I was comfortable with such environment .interviewer offered me the job right on the spot and asked me to think about it and call him back to let him know my decision.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in a harsh environment (hot /cold) where you will be away for weeks or months at a time ?   1 Answer

MWD Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton in June 2010.

Interview

Group presentation followed by individual interviews with at least two managers. Call back for job offers come in less than two days of each interview class. Must submit basic background check information, drug testing, and physical.

Interview Questions

• What is the longest period of time you have spent away from home for work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Structured pay with no negotiations.

MWD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton in January 2010.

Interview

watched a video on Halliburton, interviewed with 3 big wigs

Interview Questions

• Why would you be an assett to us with No experience   1 Answer