Halliburton Interview Questions in Odessa, TX | Glassdoor

Halliburton Interview Questions in Odessa, TX

1.7

Truck Driver - Gun Builder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process went well. Spoke with them for about 3 days. We talked about all personal life and past. I enjoyed the entire process. I learned a lot and will keep it with me for my whole life. They were very easy to talk to. They wanted to know about all of my past life.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

3 interviews.
    1st with HR, then another MANAGER and at the end the reliability manager.
    They were all held by phone. Mainly behavorial and about my location preferences.
    I gave options and later on I received another call from the location I gave.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Went in to main office, had a sit down interview with the DM and another senior filed engineer, asked basic interview questions, discussed past working experience, went to lunch with a few of the boss guys, ate way too much, it was casual, we joked, had fun. They pretty much told me I was good to go that day but i still had to wait for the official offer which cam about a week later... i got the job!

Interview Questions

• Name time where you were in a difficult situation and explain how you got out of it   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Unless is in the Rockies (the Rockies thinks they're hiring for NASA or GOOGLE...) everywhere else is pretty relaxed. They just want to make sure you understand this is not your typical office job. You'll be exposed to extreme (If any) weather conditions and you're not going to quit in the first 3 months. The rest they will teach everything you need to know.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to places no-one else wants to live in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Had a friend with the company who suggested I apply. I applied online, called, called again, gave up. A number of weeks later I was called for an interview. Terse, very formal, strict with as little information given as possible. As my other best option had failed to call back and was all of the above, I took the job. Very strict rules applied selectively. Your someone's buddy or your not. Still a good work environment. Most coworkers friendly and cooperative. Management not friendly, flexible or inclined to note achievement or improvement. Seem to expect perfection and punish those who struggle.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. If you had qualifications you were given that qualifications pay rate.

Associate Field Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

There was actually, there was no Interview at all. I was referred by a friend and applied online. About a month went by and all of the sudden I got an offer in Email. I thought it very odd, but upon calling the offer was truly legit. At the time I didn't have any other offers and had a family to feed, so I took it. Looking back, I realized why they use this tactic. If applicants and any idea what they were getting themselves into, for most there wouldn't be a second thought. The working conditions are just that bad. Also, I found out that my "friend" was just looking to recruit people because as a referred employee you are worth in excess of $1,000 in bonus to the guy that refers you. Be cautious with these people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.