Halliburton Interview Questions in Odessa, TX | Glassdoor

2.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I was emailed one week ahead to schedule the interview. It was a phone interview with 3 different mangers on the line. The managers were asking questions only based on past experience that were on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw a co-worker not following working guidelines and putting themselves in danger.   Answer Question

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in Austin, TX for first round of interviews during the university recruiting phase in February 2017. Passed to the next round, contingent on passing an aptitude test that weeds out unqualified applicants before the second round. Interviewed in Odessa, TX in June 2017 for three different product service lines (production enhancement, cementing, and completion tools). Went out to socialize with the interviewers and interviewees the first day and then given a tour of the yard the next day, went to lunch, given an overview of positions, pay and benefits, and an exit interview. Got called back the next day with an offer. Great process and great time interviewing in Odessa. Just be friendly, be sociable, do your research, pay attention, ask questions, and enjoy the experience.

Interview Questions

• Which PSL would you like to work for?   1 Answer

Electronic Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Simple and friendly. The Supervisor was nice, asked basic questions to determine my skills and experience. Showed me around the mobile equipment i would work on. Pay was negotiated. Asked when available to start.

Interview Questions

• how you got to know about the company and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple and straight.

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus. For the second round, we went as a group on-site. It was an overnight stay that included a social event, a tour of the facilities, and an interview. It was a good overall experience.

Truck Driver - Gun Builder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process went well. Spoke with them for about 3 days. We talked about all personal life and past. I enjoyed the entire process. I learned a lot and will keep it with me for my whole life. They were very easy to talk to. They wanted to know about all of my past life.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

3 interviews.
    1st with HR, then another MANAGER and at the end the reliability manager.
    They were all held by phone. Mainly behavorial and about my location preferences.
    I gave options and later on I received another call from the location I gave.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Went in to main office, had a sit down interview with the DM and another senior filed engineer, asked basic interview questions, discussed past working experience, went to lunch with a few of the boss guys, ate way too much, it was casual, we joked, had fun. They pretty much told me I was good to go that day but i still had to wait for the official offer which cam about a week later... i got the job!

Interview Questions

• Name time where you were in a difficult situation and explain how you got out of it   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Unless is in the Rockies (the Rockies thinks they're hiring for NASA or GOOGLE...) everywhere else is pretty relaxed. They just want to make sure you understand this is not your typical office job. You'll be exposed to extreme (If any) weather conditions and you're not going to quit in the first 3 months. The rest they will teach everything you need to know.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to places no-one else wants to live in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Had a friend with the company who suggested I apply. I applied online, called, called again, gave up. A number of weeks later I was called for an interview. Terse, very formal, strict with as little information given as possible. As my other best option had failed to call back and was all of the above, I took the job. Very strict rules applied selectively. Your someone's buddy or your not. Still a good work environment. Most coworkers friendly and cooperative. Management not friendly, flexible or inclined to note achievement or improvement. Seem to expect perfection and punish those who struggle.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. If you had qualifications you were given that qualifications pay rate.

Associate Field Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

There was actually, there was no Interview at all. I was referred by a friend and applied online. About a month went by and all of the sudden I got an offer in Email. I thought it very odd, but upon calling the offer was truly legit. At the time I didn't have any other offers and had a family to feed, so I took it. Looking back, I realized why they use this tactic. If applicants and any idea what they were getting themselves into, for most there wouldn't be a second thought. The working conditions are just that bad. Also, I found out that my "friend" was just looking to recruit people because as a referred employee you are worth in excess of $1,000 in bonus to the guy that refers you. Be cautious with these people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.