Halliburton Operator Assistant I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Operator Assistant I Interview Questions

Interviews at Halliburton

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Kilgore, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halliburton (Kilgore, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fair and optimistic
 They told of the money, the benefits and the opportunities. They had orientation in San Antonio, TX and all of that was fine. The paid for your mileage to San Antonio and back. They also paid for your hotel room, at a nice hotel, while in San Antonio. They provided dinner. The orientation was at a college in San Antonio. It was overall a very nice trip and they put alot into the orientation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Anonymous Employee in Bossier City, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Bossier City, LA) in August 2012.

Interview

What your goals? Are you looking to make a career? Do have reliable transportation? Do you have family? Are you willing to locate? Do you have valid drivers license? How far you stay from yard?

Interview Questions

• Are you a felon?
      Do have a good driving record?   1 Answer

Operator Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Applied multiple times throughout the year received a call asking was I still interested in the position of course i was still interested it's Halliburton, my interview process was Via email and Phone calls

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lupton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Fort Lupton, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

Cattle call. Mass hiring event at the local recreation center. Those with a pulse and a somewhat clean record were offered jobs on the spot. The presentation about the pay turned out to be inaccurate. We were told that there was a bonus as soon as you got your CDL and when you earned your red hat. These raises were not until you actually submitted and were approved quite some time later for the next level Operator Assistant 2.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long hours outside in the cold?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Large hiring fair experience. 300 people applied and roughly 30 got hired. Watched a video detailing the life of a frac hand and then sat down to interview with area managers.

Interview Questions

• "Are you willing to work outside for 12+hours a day in all weather?"   Answer Question

Operator Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

A day after applying I received a phone interview in which the person asked me why I would be a good fit for the type of work, asked about past job experience, and she went over general details of the work. I was given an in-person interview a few days later with management. The interview was with the department manager and with an HR representative who was on speaker phone. Questions asked were really basic interview questions. Nothing to unusual for an interview

Interview Questions

• Hardest question was where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not open to negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caldwell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Caldwell, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online after seeing posting on Indeed.com. Got a call back inviting me to a job fair about 10 days later. Around 25-30 other guys showed up, presentation started about 10 minutes late. They explained the general nature of the work, 6 days on working approximately 90-100 hours and staying onsite in a hotel or "mancamp". Followed by 3 days off. After Presentation people were called individually to interview with one of three hiring managers.

Interview Questions

A.) Pay of $13/hr. is just pathetic, even after you add in overtime.
    B.) My wife is pregnant and I do not want to be an absent father/husband.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online via the Halliburton hiring web site.
    Explained background and experience, I had no oil field experience at the time but I was a military veteran and familiar with hard work and heavy equipment as well as safety protocols.
    The interview process was easy, they like to hire in groups to accomodate their training schedules.
    The questions in the interview covered previous work experience and how it related to the field.
    I had no Class-A license or prior oil field experience, Halliburton likes to hire and train.
    An experienced pump operator or supervisor will have more task specific questions.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were fairly standard and nothing came as a surprise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Their starting pay is set by corporate for the entry level positions.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

My initial communications was filling out the online application for entry level positions. Iam changing careers and have no oil /gas experience. I do have a BS degree in Management. A recruiter called and I gave her the best 30 seconds of why Halliburton needed to hire me. She told me of a career fair they were having the next week. I told her I would see her there (500 miles away). The recruiter sent me a power point presentation. Do as much research on company website, news articles. The first question is What do you know about Halliburton? They aren't looking for degrees they are looking for hard workers they can train. Tie your past experience into the expectations and job functions. My interveiw was over an hour, most other interviews were sub 25 minutes. The format was loose but information packed. Research the position and fracking processes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The wage rate was not negotiated as it was stated in the presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy and straight forward. I completed a long questionnaire on the internet that asked me about my past qualifications and skills. After that I went into the office for a face to face interview with the managers. The interview was not very challenging and pretty relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever observed someone being unsafe in a previous job?   Answer Question