Halliburton Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Halliburton

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Halliburton is quite like fella Schlumberger, an oil-service company that merely hires software developers. But Halliburton is not totally like his fella Schlumberger, they do not appear on Rice University's career expo. And they bring in info-sessions, as well as on-campus interview. Purely bluff, like fella Schlumberger. Purely non-technical questions, like fella Schlumberger. And you never know why you are ignore, why you are approached. I am in the first kind. One of my friend received an onsite invitation email, the email tells the date to go onsite, but without a time, a location. And the date has passed, quiet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Halliburton

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

This interview was for a summer internship. All the potential interns interviewed with between 5-7 hiring managers. The interview question I noted was asked by the manager that hired me. I got a full time offer after the internship process

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume during on-campus career fare, and I received an email from HR asking me to schedule an on campus interview. It was a mix of behavioral and high level technical interview. After 3 weeks I was interviewed by my hiring manager and team lead. This interview was about by technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was the toughest project you worked on?
      Q: Explain about a time you were very happy about something you have accomplished
      Q: How did you implement LRU algorithm in your course project?
      Q: Explain about your past projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

1 hour phone interview focused on software basics followed by onsite interview with hiring manager, a dev manager from another team I would be working with, a senior developer, and then an architect. Each session was timed to exactly 30 minutes long, and there were other candidates there that day too going through the same pipeline. Interviews were all very conversational, though the architect did grill a little more on conceptual stuff.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would handle sensitive shopping cart data in an ecommerce web application if the requirement was to be completely sessionless   1 Answer

Low for the type of position offered, and at the very bottom end of my desired salary range. Gave them the option to increase offer but they declined to communicate further. Recommend discussing with them directly rather than relying on recruiter for negotiation.