Hallmark Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hallmark Intern Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume during my university's career fair and immediately got an interview for the next day. The first round interview was on campus with the recruiter. He asked basic questions about my resume and typical behavioral interview questions. I heard back from Hallmark two or three weeks later about my second round interview, which was conducted over Skype. The second round interview was with a product manager. She asked me more specific questions about my work style, more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hallmark

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark in March 2016.

Interview

applied online, was emailed about an interview a few weeks later. I was one of the first people they interviewed, so after the interview it took about two weeks for them to get offers out. The whole process took about a month.

The recruiter was very friendly, and easy to talk to. They don't throw out many (if any) hardball questions. (Very few scenarios like "tell me a time when...") Mostly, it seemed like they wanted to know about who I am as a person and designer, and more about what my process and inspiration look like.

Interview Questions

• Describe the beginning stages of your creative process. Do you focus more on research, sketching, or a mixture of both?   Answer Question
    • What is your source of creative inspiration?   Answer Question
    • How would your friends/coworkers/boss describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hallmark (Savannah, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then did a phone interview. The interviewer was really nice and me feel comfortable. It began asking basic questions, like if I knew use Adobe Creative Suite, when was my graduation date and etc. Unfortunately I would need they sponsorship after my graduation if they wanted to hire me not as intern, and they don't offer that, so I didn't worked out.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark in October 2015.

Interview

Hallmark comes to my campus for the career fair, and they conducted on-campus interviews the following week. There were three interviewers, and the process was split into two 30 minute sessions. One focused more on the behavioral questions and another had me do an activity. The activity involved me analyzing product and making decisions on which I would keep. It was different from any interview I've previously done, and I really enjoyed it!

Interview Questions

• Which products from a list (and samples) would you keep and why?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Not difficult. Phone interview consisted of multiple behavioral and resume questions, mainly seeing how you would react in certain situations. After the phone interview it would either be a face to face or Skype interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through my university after a career fair. On-campus interview(s) a few weeks later. It was back-to-back 2:1 interviews for about 30 minutes each. Mostly basic behavioral questions and a really basic analytical question. A few weeks later I received an offer from an HR rep. Process was fairly straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Basic analytical question: How would you interpret this sales data and what would be your advice to management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark (Manhattan, KS) in November 2013.

Interview

I went through a two step interview process. My first interview was a phone screen. The second interview was via Skype. It was a fairly simply process, and I don't feel like it was too incredibly challenging. Both interviewers were part of the recruiting team for my university, so I felt really comfortable throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were about my background, past internships, relevant coursework, knowledge of Hallmark as a consumer, and why I wanted to work for them. There was also an exercise/activity that was part of the interview. It was pretty simple. If you have even a basic knowledge of how to find margins, you're set.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hallmark in October 2013.

Interview

Met with recruiters at a career fair. Interviewed on campus with four recruiters. Two thirty minute interviews with two recruiters in each room. Had to look over a analytical report and provide feedback on the numbers. Ten applicants made it to the interview round, but they only selected one person for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Analytical breakdown of report given prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hallmark (Kansas City, MO) in September 2010.

Interview

3:1 interview. Be prepared to answer the questions with specific instances. I was asked to describe a specific instance where I had to meet a difficult deadline. Also be prepared to answer the question of describing a time when someone did something that you were shocked at such as lying etc. Overall the interview was tough only because I being interviewed by 3 people at the same time. Very serious. But if you have specific instances and can think of time were you were shocked you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were shocked by the actions of a friend or a co-worker.   1 Answer
    • Talk about a time when you had to meet a tough deadline.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Received phone call to schedule interview. Had phone interview. Got another call and received offer. Then more phone calls and mail to coordinate paperwork, etc. for internship.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.