Hallmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hallmark Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.0

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Very brief interview overall. Mostly consisted of going over experience with the job. Must show merchandizing experience or common sense since the position requires working independently. During interview, the H.R. employee types answers to questions to have on record.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience merchandising product?   1 Answer

Part Time Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Honolulu, HI) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was able to schedule phone interview soon after. The day of my interview they called me 5 minutes after the scheduled time. The interviewer was really casual and friendly, which made it easier to do the interview over the phone. She made me feel comfortable. It was your basic interview questions.

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark (Owings Mills, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very short and simple. The interviewer first asked me to confirm the information I had entered onto the application, and then read off the duties of the position. I was then asked to repeat as much of these duties as I could remember. To close, she asked where I saw myself in 3-5 years.

Interview Questions

• Could you please repeat back to me the responsibilities of the position that I just told you?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Auburn Hills, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied by a paper application I received by the store, a few days later I received a call to come in, had the interview, was asked many questions, and received a job.

Interview Questions

• What is your schedule going to b like with the school year starts back up?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark in June 2016.

Interview

The Whole interview process was super simple. After I submitted my application online I received two calls. The first call included a few general questions about my schedule and wage agreement., and the secound call was my interview. I can tell you it didn't last more than 15 min.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

waiting for the job and starting up is the worst but after that its smooth sailing

Part Time Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application then immediately received an email confirming the application was received. Later the same day, I received an email stating that due to my application answers, Hallmark would like to schedule a 15 minute telephone interview. From a link in the email, I could choose the date and time I wanted to be called.

Interview Questions

• Very first question "Tell me your understanding of the job responsibilities?"   Answer Question
    • "Where do you see yourself in 2-3 years?"   Answer Question
    • Interviewer told me our 15 minute "interview" is the only contact there would be with Hallmark unless there is an offer made, then the next step is meeting with direct supervisor. No time allotted to ask any questions about the job or the company.   Answer Question

IM Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Staten Island, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy. Straight forward phone interviewer was very nice. She explained job duties to me then when finished, asked if I understood everything. She asked about my last work experience as well.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 years? Do you understand what the position entails!   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Chula Vista, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Received an email with several 15 minute phone interview time options to select. I selected 8:00am and immediately received an email confirming the interview time. I received the call from the interviewer promptly at 8:00am.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me to describe what I understood the position entailed. Other questions she asked included if I had my own transportation, could I work a flexible schedule, can I lift up to 50lbs, if offered the position did I have any upcoming work schedule conflicts. She also asked if I had any prior retail experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay rate explained was $10.75. I asked if there were opportunities for increases and was told it would be based on experience and performance. Based on some of the other reviews, I think I could have possibly negotiated but since my retail experience is minimal to none and I am not relying on this job as a sole source of income I did not ask for more. However, when I received the job offer I was told the rate would be $11.00 per hour.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark in March 2016.

Interview

applied online, was emailed about an interview a few weeks later. I was one of the first people they interviewed, so after the interview it took about two weeks for them to get offers out. The whole process took about a month.

The recruiter was very friendly, and easy to talk to. They don't throw out many (if any) hardball questions. (Very few scenarios like "tell me a time when...") Mostly, it seemed like they wanted to know about who I am as a person and designer, and more about what my process and inspiration look like.

Interview Questions

• Describe the beginning stages of your creative process. Do you focus more on research, sketching, or a mixture of both?   Answer Question
    • What is your source of creative inspiration?   Answer Question
    • How would your friends/coworkers/boss describe you?   Answer Question

Field Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got and email directly from recruitment to set up a phone interview the next day. The interview was pretty simple and to the point, only lasted about 15 minutes. She basically read off the job description and asked me to briefly repeat it back (so take notes or have the job description right out in front of you). She then went on to ask if I can meet all of the requirements that the job entails (source of transportation, wi-fi, can lift 50 pounds, etc.). I was told I would get an email response in 3 to 5 business days so I still don't know if I got the job yet!