Hallmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hallmark Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

I received a call from Hallmark corporate hiring center. Interview was conducted in the initial call. The main focus of the interview was logistical challenges associated with the position (do I have a car, how far away do I live...etc) and my experience on a retail floor. The main thing they want to hear from you is that you are able to work independently, with a sense of urgency, within a flexible schedule.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience on a retail floor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Because of my experience, they did offer a pay rate above the minimum,

Contracted Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

I underwent a phone screen for a contracted position with Guidant, the outside company who sources the contractors. It was informal, though the onboarding process was a bit lengthy, and it took some time to become fully prepared from Hallmark IT to begin work. Patience is a good thing here.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Was a sit down interview with the manager. She was looking if I was personable and friendly. Also I had to do simple math and subtraction. Over all it was an easy experience. Dress professionally but casual. Not flip flops.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later stating that I could schedule a phone interview at any of the times listed on the link in the email. I chose the earliest interview time slot (8:45AM) and it was scheduled for a week from that day. That day I received a call exactly at 8:45AM. The interviewer was very nice and asked me a few simple questions. I was prepared because I wrote down question that were common based on what others said on here for the position. She told me the manager would review the information and email me if I was chosen. That evening I received an email offering me the job! I had to call a phone number, so that I could confirm my acceptance of the job offer. I then received an email to fill out paper work. The following day my supervisor contacted me and we scheduled a time to meet for training.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?
      Do you have any other work experience that would qualify you for the position? Would you be able to start within 2 week? Where do you see yourself in 2-3 years?
      Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark in January 2016.

Interview

After completion of online application I was prompted to choose a phone interview time slot, which was exactly one week later. Got the call right on schedule and it took about 10 minutes.
    First the interviewer described the job and then asked me to repeat as much back to her as possible so that it was clear I understood the position for which I was applying (she was very quick so be sure to know most of this ahead of time). Super easy process. Just waiting on an email to let me know if I got the honor not.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
      Why are you a good fit for this position?
      Answer Question

Shoppers Or Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark (Miami, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

It's very important and easy to connected with every idea. Every helpfull to help you understand how important it is to do your as required, and be perfect on every you have to do.

Part Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Moore, OK) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview- Easy! They will go over the requirments and job description with you. Then they will ask you to repeat the job description back to them. So have a pen and paper ready before the interview. You can also find the job description in the posting you replied to before filling out an application.

Interview Questions

• Repeat the job description back to me?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hallmark (College Station, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, I did not meet anyone in person until I was hired. It was super easy and they offered me the job almost instantly via email. Nothing is in person for the hiring process.

Section Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Four one hour interviews on site after having conducted one interview with HR on my universities campus the week before. Very lengthy but thorough process. All folks conducting the interview were very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Miami, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

15 minute phone interview. More than one year ago, I applied for the retail merchandiser position in another city/town, but moved and got a different part-time job. I updated my new address with Hallmark and forgot about it until I got an email from a recruiter stating there was an opening in my neighborhood. I recently quit my job, so this was perfect timing. I replied to the email, had to fill out my info in a link and watch a video about the position. I got an email about selecting a time for a phone interview which was about a week later. Phone interview (older, nice lady in U.S.)was scripted and easy. I was told the position's tasks and responsibilities, which I had to repeat back, and were asked questions why I want to work for Hallmark, why a part-time position, and a few other questions. I was told the position pays $10/hr, but I asked for $11, especially since my last job paid $11.50, and I didn't want to earn much less than that. I wasn't told on the phone if I got the job, and that I had to wait for an email. A few days later I got an email with the job offer, which I had to reply to accept and then call a phone # to speak with someone (call center in India). Then I had to fill out HR forms online before I got a call from the area supervisor to meet in person to check/confirm my ID/SS# and a quick tour of the Hallmark section in a grocer store. Then I got an email a week later from the trainer to meet in person for training, which is about 5-7 days, about 3 hours each day with other new employees, rotating among their assigned stores and my stores. So far, so good.

Interview Questions

• Repeat back the position's tasks and responsibilities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

During the phone interview I was told the position pays $10/hr but I asked for $12, which I got but didn't find out during the phone interview, only when I got the offer email did I find out it was accepted.