Hallmark Retail Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

1.8

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sussex, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark (Sussex, WI).

Interview

Application and interview date and time set electronically. Interview completed via phone and hiring paperwork done electronically. After hiring process was complete, a meeting with the teritory manager was scheduled at the work location and more paperwork was completed. On the job training of about two days follwed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hallmark

Anonymous Employee in Bonita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hallmark (Bonita, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, they emailed me back the next day asking to set up a phone interview I didn't see the email, so they called me to set up a phone appointment. I went through the phone interview after studying questions on Glassdoor and was completely prepared. After the phone interview two days later I got an email asking for a person to person interview. I went to the person to person interview and got an email the next day saying I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you watch the video because you have to be able to repeat back what you saw on the video of what the job entails. They want to make sure you're aware the job is only 15 hours a week and that you have your own transportation.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. They asked your average questions. Most communication was through email and responses were quick. There was one prescreen phone interview and another actual phone interview. Both lasted around 15 minutes.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Applied online and got an email inviting me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic. They didn't really ask many questions other than availability, work experience, whether I knew what the requirements of the position were, etc. The interviewer told me that was the final step in the process and that I'd be notified of whether or not I got the position via email within a few days. I didn't end up getting an offer but don't know that my interview tipped the scale one way or the other since they didn't ask really ask anything of substance; it was pretty much just verifying what was on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what the job requirements are for this position and can you meet those requirements?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark (Cape Coral, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I registered with my resume, etc. on their careers website and subscribed to get job opening emails. When I received an email with a job near my home, I applied and was immediately given a date for a telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell the interviewer what I knew about the position, so it is important to watch the video provided during the application process so you know what the job entails.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was on the phone and lasted for about 15 minutes, very straight-forward. They asked me why I wanted to work for them and if I had relevant experience.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Submitted application online. Got a call a couple days later and set up interview. Met the Territory Manager at the account where she was needing an RM. We interviewed in the employee break room. It was a very casual and laid back atmosphere. At the end of the interview I was offered the position. We then walked the account and set up times for training.

Interview Questions

• Availability during the holidays.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. I was asked if I knew what the job responsibilities were. Why I would be good for the position and was 8-10 hours a week good for me

Interview Questions

• To describe the position responsibilities   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and was immediately asked to schedule a phone interview. Interviewer called within minutes of scheduled time. I am sure they get tired of asking the same questions over and over (you could tell it was all scripted) but it would be nice if the interviewers tried to not be completely monotone in their speaking/asking questions. I take responsibility for the fact that I probably was not at the top of my game but it was very hard to be when the person on the other end of the phone had zero personality and showed no interest or enthusiasm for anything I said.

Interview Questions

• After reading a very detailed description of the job duties, basically what is listed in the job posting, they will ask you to parrot it back to them. No thought required but either take good notes or have the job description pulled up in front of you to be ready.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canandaigua, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Canandaigua, NY).

Interview

Applied online and immediately scheduled phone interview. Asked about previous jobs and behavioral questions (i.e.tell me about a time...). Recruiter was pleasant. It was pretty standard for a phone interview. I studied the company before hand and did some interview prep. If you do the same you should be fine.