Hallmark Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hallmark

1.8

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark (Rock Hill, SC) in July 2012.

Interview

It was very quick one on one interview. I was just asked about my past sales experience and then I was asked whether I was able to work the hours they wanted.
Other than that I cannot remember anything else I am now just trying to reach the 50 word minimum.

Interview Questions

• The same thing I wrote above. Really not much to say considering it has been some years since this interview. I don't remember being nervous and I was called the next day to say that I got the job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hallmark

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark in June 2018.

Interview

The interview was one-on-one and very professional. It covered many aspects of the job and my interest in the role. The manager explained some of the unique things about Hallmark and she seemed to like that I had done some research on the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hallmark that sets it apart from other retail positions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hallmark (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2008.

Interview

I filled out my application in the store and about 3-5 days later the store manager called me to come in for an interview. *The interviews are between the times of 10:30am and 11:45am.* My interview was done by the store manager and one of the store owners. They asked questions about prior work experience(mostly dealing with retail experience), schedule availability, was I firmilar with the company or had ever shopped there before, they also asked questions about basic customer service things like "what does customer service mean to you?" "How would you deal with an upset customer?" and "How would you deal with a suspected shoplifter?" They did do a role play type thing where they gave me a situation where a customer came in and said it was "there sisters birthday and they didnt know what to get her." So they made me tell them things I might ask the customer to get to know more about the person the gift was for so I could make it more personalized to the persons interests. All I said was I would first ask the age of the gift reciver, ask if they have any specific hobbies or interests, and are they more of a serious or humorous person(that was because they have a few sections that have humorous type gifts). The whole interview lasted about 20-30 minutes at the most. The store manager did call me back the next day to offer me the job and I excepted the offer and worked there for 4 years after that.

I witnessed alot of interviews being held in that time and some advice I can offer for anyone who is interested in working there is: 1. Do not be even 1 minute late for the interview. 2. Don't be intemidated if you don't have any previous retail experience. 3. If they ask if you are good on the computer, that does not mean you have to know any of the microsoft programs, because the only computer you will operate is the cash register that is a step by step program that is very detailed and hard to even mess up. 4. If they ask if you are allergic to dust or any kind of smells it is because the job does require the sales associates to clean the product displays and sometimes they can be some what dusty.Smells is refering to the yankee candle display on the other side of the store. You barley smell it from the registers. 5. They will ask if you have an issue standing for up to 8 hours,after about 3 weeks you get used to it and 8 hour shifts arnt common,they are either 4hrs, 5hrs, or 7hrs. Pretty much when you go to the interview just be confident that you can do what they need done as far as your job position goes, and dont be nervous, just sound like you know what your talking about in your answers to there questions and you will do great.

If the interview results in a job offer that you accept, I will say that due to the store being a smaller retail store there is only about between 9-15 (15 being the very most) employees that work there at once, and for whatever reason they rarely hire men (none were hired when I was working there for 4 years) so the 9=15 employees are all females ranging in age from (based on when I was there) 22-81 years of age. Because of this it can get a bit catty at times due to female gossip, clashing of personalitys, moods, and age differences.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you went out of your way to help a customer find just what they needed. Or describe and occation that you had to handle a very upset customer, what did you do/say to them, and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase at this place. When you apply and put your employment history(recent at most past two jobs), if you were paid higher than what they pay, they wont call you for an interview. They offer all new employees the same starting wage which is between 7.75 or 8.00 so they tell you thats what they offer and that they dont start out any higher. There raise system is the same. Your first raise is after three years(.10 cent raise) then at your five year mark(.15 cent raise), and then after 10 years(.15 cent raise). That is it and they do not do negotiations with that either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Henderson, NV) in March 2010.

Interview

the interview was one on one. It was very typical in terms of the questions asked. They started by asking about my previous work experience and how it was relevant to working at Hallmark. they asked a lot about customer service also.

Interview Questions

i got another job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Meridian, ID) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied in person, got a call back for an interview the next day. It was very casual. Just wanted to know what my availability would be as well as strengths and weaknesses.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

There is nothing to the interview process. Just make sure you pass the assessment. DON'T LIE on it...they will know.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I want to extend a job offer to you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

There weren't any solicitations for positions open, however, I was able to approach the store manager and ask if they were hiring. The line of questioning was pretty straight forward. I felt comfortable and because I had prior experience in sales, that was a plus. After the initial interview, there is a test you have to take to determine if you can handle simple transactions and consumer issues.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is clearly upset and not satisfied with their purchase and they do not have a receipt for the item purchased, how would you perform that transaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to somewhat negotiate. Whenever you ask for a certain salary range, it gets a little sticky, but it was overall just a great experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

I dropped off my resume at the store and was called within a few days. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview, which was very simple and straight forward. I'm sure it helped that I was definitely qualified and was looking for a part-time position. I was offered the job that day and started pretty much immediately.

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was not formal, I spoke with the manager and she must have really liked me because she told me how flexible the job was and I got a call back two weeks later and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

filled out paper application, was called a week later to come in to interview, manager asked basic questions such as my work history, why i left my past jobs, and why i want the position and how hallmark will help me in my life

Interview Questions

• whats the difference between customer service and sales   Answer Question