Hallmark Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hallmark Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

Phone call to confirm in person interview. Interview questions were just basic behavioral questions. Overall just an average interview for a retail position. Nothing unexpected or hard. Just google basic interview questions and make sure you have an answer for those.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hallmark

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

interview began with a behavioral/personality questionnaire which had to be passed to move on. then 1:1 interview with store manager which was "script" based, then the results were presented to corporate office for final approval. My first clue that the local manager had little control and upper management/corporate was really calling the shots.

Interview Questions

• Are you a competitive person? Questions were not difficult- most questions were from a script.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hallmark in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for a sales position through Indeed, and received a phone call asking if I could come in and do an interview. The interview went smoothly and was very easy! It was also under about fifteen minutes. The person who interviewed me told me afterwards that she would be calling everyone back that same day or next day.
    I received a call the next day asking if I would like to accept the position, and I accepted right away!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark in October 2015.

Interview

Filled out application in store and handed in...got called for interview two weeks later. Interview was with one manager. Who asked a few questions, talked a bit about my previous jobs, and explained some Hallmark policies. Then I was given a 200 or so question ethics test. This test asked a lot of questions about drug use, stealing, and lateness/work productivity.

About a week later I was offered a job as a sales associate for 20 hours a week at $8 an hour. (Heads up: they called all of my references so make sure you list people who have nice things to say). I went in to fill out paper work and was scheduled for paid two weeks of on-the-job training before I actually get to start. Only a 20% employee discount.

Interview Questions

• what characteristics should a successful employee working at a card store have?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work at Hallmark?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Meriden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hallmark (Meriden, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online on indeed.com, and submitted my resume from there as well. The next day, I got an email from the manager telling me that I am a good fit, and to come by around 7pm for an interview the next day. I went, and arrived 15 minutes early, and she seemed to be pleased with that. She asked me basic, and easy questions. She was super friendly, so the interview felt more like a conversation. At the end of the interview she told me that she liked me, but that she has 3 more people to interview, but that she will definitely let me know if I got the job or not. A few days later I heard no response so I emailed her asking her if she hired someone else for the sales associate position and she apologized for the delay because she's been busy and that I got the job, and if I can come by to sign a background check paper. I went in that exact day and signed the papers. I signed them on September 24, hoping they will arrive the next day so I can start my training days but today is October 19, and I'm still waiting for the background check to pass. I don't mind waiting because I would love to work for hallmark, but I think it's a little ridiculous how long this background check is taking, because when I got hired for Kohls, the background check only took about a week which is understandable but almost a month? Anyway the interview process took about 15 minutes, very easy, and dress casual mixed with professional they like that. I wore a black blouse with a black tight fitting skirt and black flats. They also like if you do your hair (not mouse curly). I remember the manager complimenting me about how nice my hair was, and how professional I look and that she liked that because not many people take the time to dress up for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hallmark (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

The interview process went great. The manager was extreamly nice and genuinely cared about what I had to say. I took a 180 question test on spot. Was hired within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer
    • If I where a confused customer how would you handle me?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you caught an employee stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hallmark (Shawnee, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief, but GM did not know what she was doing. and was not prepared at all. She kept asking same questions over again. or not finishing the question at all.

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Tuscaloosa, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy and brief and was offered a job on the spot. I felt like I was talking to a friend rather than a manager! She made me feel comfortable and it did not feel like an interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were typical and easy such as, how would you react to a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hallmark (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

The manager asked me why I wanted to work at hallmark and some questions about my personal life like where I go to school and what I like to do in my free time. She also ask what my skills are. The interview was pretty informal as we just speak at the cash register when I came in to drop off the job application.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hallmark.

Interview

There were many interviews with a personality test. I applied in store, you cannot apply online. They want to make sure you are a good fit so there are many interviews. New management is not very selective - unfortunate.