Halloween City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halloween City Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Halloween City (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

All of the questions were pretty simple and straightforward. They included questions about you as a person, and personal growth. how would you handle difficult situations with customers and fellow employees.

Anonymous Employee in McMinnville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halloween City (McMinnville, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted and did a Market Manager phone interview in July. I then did a personal follow up interview in mid August. The MM position I was interviewed for went to another, however, I expressed interest in a store as well. The more retail experience you have (apperal experience is a bonus) and desire to be around all things Halloween, the better. I began work late August (2 day training) and got my store after much delay in early September.

Interview Questions

• All questions were not difficult, The revolved around what you saw as your personal growth, what did you need from your supervisors. How would you handle situations with customers and your employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can ask about salary and they will give you a base metric and guestimation on your recent experience. Returning managers make slightly more based on previous store sale sale and inventory shrink. Nothing is locked in until the Regional is contacted and signs off.

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Federal Way, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Went to a store in the building process for interview. District Manager gave first review outside of store and was friendly and focused on the company supplies interview guide. After the interview was done, he asked me to wait around a bit to see if the Regional Manager could continue. He was available and, again, very friendly. He must have been working from the same guide since he asked the same questions. After it was over, they asked me to fill out an application and sent me home. I got a call a couple of days later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• If you had to make a full page ad selling yourself, but were only allowed three words, what would those words be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation ... set rate.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

It was very simple. I went in and my interviewer gave me a brief history of the company. Then he went into the basic questions to get to know me better and see if was a right fit. I was then walked around the store to be shown where all the product went. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit? What is your favorite holiday? How would you handle a difficult situation ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (West Covina, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview about a week later. The interview was short and relaxed. He asked me why I want to work there like why I like Halloween and stuff and what I should expect working there and asked about my availability. Got an email that I was hired within the next few days

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Halloween city   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Tigard, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview, asked if I'd be interested in General Manager position. Said yes, but couldn't select it on the website (frequent glitch in their system). Went in for an in person interview with the Market Manager. Market Manager didn't really deviate from the provided interview script. When I got the job and started interviewing people for associate positions I had prescribed questions to ask along with the answers you should expect to get.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. One of the last was asking what you did the previous Halloween.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Tigard, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Straight forward. Basic questions. Asked about previous experience, time management, communication, etc etc. Best to be open and honest, and don't hesitate to ask any questions yourself. The woman who interviewed me liked honesty, and though I lack previous experience, she said she was willing to give me a shot. I very much enjoyed this interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Tukwila, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Really getting this job is based off being part of the management team at a store from the seasons before. But my best advice is to start applying online in late July, they want GM's in place by early August. The interview is very easy, most questions will be about loss prevention, and going over your experience in management.

Interview Questions

• What plan would you have to deal with loss prevention?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The first offer given will be a low-ball offer, most likely the base pay for their scale. Ask for more if you have management experience, and they will give it to you. try for at least 2900 a month.

Executive Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hurricane, WV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Hurricane, WV).

Interview

Emailed resume. Contacted next day for interview with GM. Came in couple days later for interview with DM & was hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Riverton, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone call then came in to answer questions and brief over details

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None I accepted started right away